Chapter 18

- You are my cherry blossom tree, swaying my heart through the wind -

Chaeyoung POV

"Mama!" A small figure crashes into my legs, a name so familiar yet distant but it's like I've known it for quite some time popped into my head . "Kaito! How was school?" I ask, taking his tiny hand, "Too easy if you ask me." I stop and look at him wide-eyed. "Y-you're only in preschool!" I say, appalled. "Exactly, we don't learn anything, anything new that is." He says and I put him in his car seat. "Young man, how are you more mature than I am?" I ask, letting out a small chuckle. "I guess I get it from Mommy's side." He smiles in his small blue suit with a striped tie. "Okay okay..."

The scene switches with a slight flash...

"I wish we could stay like this forever." A quiet voice spoke, a woman laid on my chest as we looked upon a small playground. I sighed tracing my finger on her arm, "Me too." I didn't know who she was but, when I was with her, with these unknown children, I felt safe, I felt like this was right where I was supposed to be. That special smell filled the air again, I took a deep breath in hoping to savor it.

She turned her head to face mine, but I didn't look to see who it was, for some reason I wanted to be a secret, our special secret, one that I may discover in the future. I smile knowing even though everything feels so real, it's all a dream. I don't mind it, though there is one thing missing.Mina...

"Chaeyoung." A voice said. "Yes?" I responded. "Chaeyoung." It kept repeating, "Wake up." I opened my eyes.

- - -

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?" Someone spoke, but I just smiled, reminiscing that sweet fantasy. "Hmm?" I ask and turn to see the one thing that I was missing. "Mina." I pull her in a hug, "I missed you." That smell appeared again, but that was the least of my cares, I was back in the arms of the person I love the most.

"Is there something wrong?" She wrapped her arms around me, "I wish we could stay like this forever." I say, just like that person in the dream told me. "Me too..." She responds, "but...we have work, and life, and work, so we should get up soon." I groan in annoyance. "Ten more minutes, wait no, ten more hours." I capture her arm as she tries to stand up. "Son Chaeyoung, there will be no ten more minutes if you're late and fired from your job." She argues, but I just sigh, "Then I'll work for you, then I could see your beautiful face everyday." I flirt. "Hurry up, you'll be late, and besides I wouldn't hire your lazy butt anyways." She scrunches her nose then rolls her eyes, "Fine." I get up in defeat.

*time skip*

"Quit your job Chaeng, work for me instead." Mina pouts, putting her arms around my neck as we are alone in the office. It's been ten months since we got to Korea and ten months since we've officially become a married couple. "I thought you said you wouldn't hire me." I let out a small laugh and she sits next to me, "I take it back, you get too much work and that Jinyoung person keeps getting on my nerves. Can he not take a hint?!" Her anger amused me, I smiled and tucked a hair behind her ear and she settled down, her cheeks became a shade of pink.

I've managed to calm my feelings for her, but sometimes she just makes them go haywire. Her coldness has almost completely slipped away, she's finally warming up to me. I don't know how she does it, it's like the more I try to hide it, the more she makes me fall.

"Don't worry about him, I've already got my eyes on someone else." I say, returning to my computer. "Oh." She sighed. "A-are you jealous?" I teased, but she just scrunched her nose. That's my cute little penguin, "I'm just joking, we're married and I'm not the one to go behind my partners back with someone else." I winked, I can see that she was trying to hide it, but the view of her lips forming a smile appeared.

"I've got to go check on the building, see you later Chaengie." She says, getting up from her seat, "Okay, I'll pick you up later wifey." I say, giving her a warm smile and she smiles back. I giggle to myself but suddenly stop, "Oh my god, you're whipped." I say to the now empty room and shake my head.

Mina POV

These ten months might have been the best ten months in my life. I walk into the building with a warmer aura, it seems as if it has uplifted the place a bit. "Ms. Myoui, here's your schedule for today." My new assistant gives me an ipad. My other assistant is still in Japan handling all the other affairs, "Thank you." I take it with a smile.

The rest of the day goes by as smoothly as butter, mostly because I was doing the thing I love the most and waiting for the person I lo-like the most. "Knock knock." A familiar voice said behind the door, "Come in!" I say and Chaeyoung strides in, "Minarii, I missed you." She says coming over behind the desk. "I missed you too Chaengie, but it's only been five hours, did you really miss me that much??" I tease and she pouts, "Five hours too many." She crosses her arms, "Are you going to get off work soon?" Chaeng asks and I shake my head, there were still a few more things I had to do. "Not yet, but soon, maybe in ten minutes." I say, holding up ten fingers.

"Fine, but make it quick, I want to go on a date with you after you finish." She says and I smile, could she be any cuter. "Okay okay, I'll make it as quick as possible." I pat her on the head, my adorable little cub.

I finish up as quickly as possible and my Chaengie and I get ready to leave. As we were leaving the building, Chaeng got a phone call, "Nayeon-unnie wants to go on a double date with us, we don't have to if you don't want to." She squeezed my hand knowing the last time we met brought up some painful memories. I pause but come to a conclusion, "No, it's okay, let's do it!" I say with a smile, now I know what Sana meant. As long as Chaeyoung is by my side, I'll be more than okay.

- - -

"Nayeon-unnieeee" Chaeyoung squealed running towards the lady with bunny teeth. "My baby, I missed youuu!" They ran into a hug. I smiled at the sight of her smile, something about it just lights up my world.

We sit down in the cafe Nayeon owns, "How have you two been?! It's been what, nine months since we last saw each other?" Nayeon asks and I nod, "We've been doing well, finally finished the building construction about a month ago, how about you and Jeongyeon?" I asked looking at both of them, but when my eyes reached Jeongyeon, her eyes looked down. "Everything has just been perfect, right Jeongie?" Nayeon smiled, giving Jeongyeon a nudge.

She looked up, guilt in her gaze, "I'm sorry." She blurted out, Nayeon's face turned confused. "I'm sorry Mina, I know you may not forgive me, but just know that I'm truly sorry." She said and I could tell that she was being sincere with every exerting emotion. Chaeyoung took my hand, setting her thoughtful eyes in my direction, I let out a small sigh, "It's okay and...I forgive you. You seem to be very happy with Nayeon and that makes me happy, and besides, I think I have found someone new to be crazy about." I say, putting my hand on top of Chaeng's, quickly glancing in her direction. "Really? You mean it? Thank you so much Minari!" She says and I smile. "I don't know what that was, but I'm glad it's resolved." Nayeon says, Jeongyeon then whispers to her, "I'll explain later."

We had a fun time chatting up about life and future, a few jokes and teases here and there. Ever since I've let Chaeyoung in, life's been giving me an unending reason to let down my fake walls and...smile.

- - - - -

Hello! It's Pengu hehe, aghhhhh Michaeng 🥺...Seems as if Mina is finally embracing her feelingssssss hehe...anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Also, are ya'll ready for Rosé's solo?!!!! Woooo - Pengu <3