Chapter 5

- I'm torn between yes or yes, do I risk it all for love that may never happen, or stay behind knowing that love will never happen -

Mina POV

We say goodbye to the Sons and I immediately get my bag to go over to Momo's house. I took my car this time since I was in a hurry, almost got into a few car accidents, but finally made it in one piece.

I knock and her door opens, "I said ye-" A short girl with brownish-blonde hair appeared. "Oh." I said. "Is Momo here?" I ask and she turns around and yells, "Momo-unnie, someone's here for you!" and then turns to face me once again. "Hi! I'm Dahyun, Momo's girlfriend. Come in! " She introduces. "I'm Mina, Momo's friend." I introduce myself. "Ah, you just met Chaeyoung right?" She asks. "Uh yeah." I say softly. "Mina!" Momo appears. "I'll go to another room so you two could talk." Dahyun says and leaves. "How did it go?" She asks.

"I said yes." I said bluntly. "Oh, like no hesitation, just yes?" She asks. "I read the contract once and signed it. I didn't even think!" I say. "But you always think." She says. "I know, I know, but the weirdest thing was that she wanted love, like it was some kind of set up date, I mean have you ever seen me love before. That's too foolish, right?" I look up. "I mean there was that one time- " She started. "Momo!" I say, my tone slightly higher. "I was young and reckless and immature." I say. "No, you were fun and carefree." She says. "Now you're uptight and always in work." She says and I sigh. "But it's what works." I say.

Momo sighs, "Just give it a chance, she might help you see the world a little better." I take some time to think. "Okay, but there's no way I'm falling in love, maybe we can just be...friends." I say and Momo laughs, "Doubt it." She says. "Just don't hurt her." Momo says and I look at her confused. "Chaeyoung seems fragile, very optimistic, just like Dahyun, she's open to new possibilities, taking risks. Just be careful." Momo said and I nodded.

I went back to my home, staring at my phone, staring at Chaeyoung's contact. Just then, my phone lights up, Son Chaeyoung as the caller ID. I panic, I didn't press the call button.

"H-hello?" I answer, keep calm Mina, I say to myself. "Did you get home safely?" Chaeyoung asks. "Yes, how did you know?" I ask. "I was talking to Dahyun and she said you visited Momo-unnie." She explained and I nodded, "I see." I said and we sat in silence for a few moments. "So..." She said. "Anything else?" I asked, it was getting pretty late and I had to get to work early tomorrow. "Nope, just wanted to see if you got home safely." She said. "You could've just messaged me." I say. "Oh, I'm sorry." She apologized, maybe this is what Momo means by fragile. "It's alright, but I have to go now Chaeyoung, have a goodnight." I say and end the call.

- - -

I spend the day looking over paperwork, signing conformation forms and what not. A knock comes from the door and I look up. "Ms. Myoui this was delivered to the front desk, it's for you." She said setting it on my table before leaving. I looked into the bag, the sweet smell of beef, vegetables, and soy sauce filled the room. I took out the tupperware and there was a note written on it. "Sorry :(" it wrote with a small penguin drawing. Something about it made me smile, my phone rang and a notification appeared.

Son Chaeyoung: Enjoy! Have a nice lunch 😊

Me: Thank you, but you didn't have to.

Son Chaeyoung: I didn't make you upset again, did I?

Me: I was never upset.

Son Chaeyoung: Oh, okay! Eat well!

Me: I will, thank you again.

Chaeyoung POV

"Why are you smiling like that." Tzuyu says making a disgusted face. "Oh, nothing." I say, quickly putting my phone away. "Mina again?" She asks. "Y-yeah."I mutter. "Hah, whipped." She smirks. "What! I'm not the only one." I tease back. "Whatever do you mean?" She asks, innocently. "Not like you came home late, later than I was, where were you anyways?" I ask, let the investigation begin. "I-I was out." She says, trying to avoid the current conversation. "With Sana." I finished her sentence for her. "Well yeah, but it wasn't like that." She tries to explain. "Sure, sure." I smile. "So where did you two go?" I asked. "Just stayed at her house for five hours? Did you two make out? Oh my God, did you two do it?" I ask, getting excited, starting to hit Tzuyu because of her new found romance.

"Wh-what, no! Of course not!" She said, pushing me off. "We went to the movies." She mumbles, "Huh, what was that?" I ask, teasing her. "We went to the movies and then had dinner, that's it." She says. "A classic date." I say giving her a thumbs up. "It wasn't really a date per-se, Sana wanted to see this movie but she was too scared to go on her own and then we had dinner together, as friends." She said, emphasizing the "friends" part. "Sure, sure, whatever you want to believe."

The door opens and Dahyun comes in, "What's up, what have you two been up to?" She asks sitting on the couch. "Tzuyu and Sana went on a date." I say and Tzuyu glares at me. "I told you! I said it! They are soulmates!" Dahyun said, bouncing up and down. "I'm going to get you Son Chaeyoung." She said and started to chase me around the room.

- - -

After settling down, we decided that we would go somewhere nice for lunch, just the three of us, the School Meal Club. We sit down in this nearby cafe. As we are ordering, I see this familiar face, "Isn't that Sana-unnie?" I say out loud looking at the chipper girl with long brunette hair. "That is, but who's that with her?" Dahyun asks. "I don't know, maybe her girlfriend?" I say. Tzuyu looked in that direction, "Oh." she shrugged her shoulder. "Are you okay Tzuyu?" Dahyun asks. "Why wouldn't I be?" She asks. "No reason." Dahyun says, not wanting to push the topic.

We finish our lunch and head back to the hotel, Dahyun leaving us once again to go see Momo. Tzuyu and I sit in silence on the ride back, "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. "Talk about what?" She asks. "Sana-unnie." I say and Tzuyu tenses up a bit. "You don't have to-" I start. "We kissed." Tzuyu interrupted. "What?!" I stopped abruptly at the red light. "Jeez, don't kill us." Tzuyu says grasping onto the car for her life. "Explain." I say and she sighs and tells the story.

- - - - -

Helloo, it's Pengu hehe. I was bored and wrote a lot more today, so here's another chapter haha...The story of Tzuyu and Sana's night will be in the next chapter. Who do you think was with Sana? Her girlfriend or maybe just a misunderstanding? Anyways, Hope you enjoyed this chapter! - Pengu <3