Ghostland

【Rosaria's POV】

𝕷𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖘

I'm not quite sure where I am. The surface looks as if a thousand silhouettes merged together to form one dark canvas. The howls from nowhere add a stronger likelihood that someone will be harmed tonight. However, I'm no easy mortal. I don't run away from these things. I study them.

Unlike those women of the cloth who kneel before their god, I weaned from religious tendencies and focused more on the soil that was deeply rooted in all corners of my city. My own solace, my thorn, my rose. 

I may have seemed a tad too disingenuous with my original duties to my fellow sisters. If they were even considered to be my sisters... Aside from Barbara, Victoria was inured to address anyone with courtesy. At least her personality wasn't as multifarious as the others in that cathedral. This is one of the reasons why I disliked singing alongside them. 

I was even tempted to get along really well with Victoria but I'd turned into rock the moment I took a step forward. 

Barbara was friendly. Too friendly. 

Religious to the point she'd give her life away to give another one for the next civilization. I respect her but sometimes I question if she really knows what she's doing or she's just naive. Anyway, everyone likes her. 

We were clearly opposites so the relationship we shared was only intersecting but never connected. She makes an effort to communicate with me but I don't really know how to coordinate without having to insert a few words that'd incite I was striking an argument.

Maybe making friends wasn't one of my greatest abilities. Big deal. Intelligent people like Lisa can't even cook without having to rely on the Grand Master. Everyone in the church, despite their different characteristics, was united in their belief of Barbatos. 

All of them were energetic, full of spirit while I was supine. They were expending most of their life on things that could be done in minutes. I dare say I was more awake than them when the fate of the world rests on humans and monsters but I'd only get patronized by the higher-ups there. 

The surface I was in looked ominous, three scales higher than the frigid weathers of Dragonspine. Incrementally insipid the bigger I spend my time in it. All the greenery around me decayed like a dying vision. 

Perhaps a dozen warmongers declared battle here a long time ago and this was the conclusion they were met with. An unknown land severed by the rest of the population. I inspected the undergrowth. Not one single petal prone to showing their grace. They all withered, their destiny already sealed. 

I always wonder why places like these remain shrouded for so long. I mean, this was at the edges of the map so it's understandable. 

Green colors glinted in the ground, a black sky filled the universe. I was the only maniac to enter a depressing environment.

I wrote these things down in a journal I kept. If I died, who knows what kind of person will pick up my findings? Better yet, what would they achieve with it? Thus far, I've already concluded the plants here don't give nutrients. As expected of a good-as-dead wasteland. The waters themselves were tricky too. Their substance morbid and if it were a human, it'd been an apostate for how long. It'd already given up hope. 

Nothing of existence here spoke volumes of a rising future. Lack of coddling and dereliction destroyed this area. This couldn't be the work of monsters. The size was unmatchable. If it were, Mondstadt would have been swallowed by an endless haze of black by now. Its protectors wouldn't give in so easily to this kind of effect either.