Chapter 2: A Bath

*Star's P.O.V.*

~Two Months Later~

     I sniffed the forest floor searching for any sign of food. My stomach growled as it twisted and contorted in hunger. 'Be patient and you will get what you need.' my wolf lectured for about the hundredth time. I picked up the scent of some kind of berry. I sniffed again. Raspberries.

     I followed the scent to a bush that was covered in ripe berries. Without thinking I dove right in but immediatley hopped back once sharp pricks pierced my skin. I whimpered as I realized the problem. 'You should have noticed. Greed will only lead to misery.' 

    I went back to the bush being more careful this time. I shifted into my human form for the first time in about a month. After putting on my brothers shirt and a pair of boxer shorts I went to work pulling off the berries being sure to stay away from the sharp thorns.

    After harvesting a small hand full of berries I ate them enjjoying their sweet taste as the juices covered every inch of my mouth is tangy goodness. Surely my tongue would be red by now. 

     I stood ready to move on with my journey when I noticed something I should have noticed before. A scent in the air. A scent known to almost every wolf in the states. Undeniably intimidating by it's self. The Silver Moon pack. The largest pack in the U.S. and one of the most feared and respected. And I was in their territory. 'We must leave now.' my wolf urged snatching the box up and walking two steps.

     I froze in mid step as I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. No, it was a someone. About ten feet from me a woman and a little boy emerged from the bushes completely unaware of my presence. I'm sure that the scent of my other pack was gone only to be replaced by the smells of nature picked up over the past two months.

     I walked two steps when the little boy turned and saw me.

    "Mommy! A rogue!" he said pointing at me. The smile on the woman's face dropped as she turned to see me. I went to back up when she started screaming as if I had threatened her life. "HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!" she cried as she pushed the boy behind her and dropped to her knees.

     If she saw me as such a threat then why hasn't she shifted and attacked or defended herself. 'She is baring a child.' my wolf informed me. Immediatley a large gray wolf lept out from the bushed growling as he positioned himself in front of the women and her child so that they could get away.

     'Why have you infultrated our territory?!' the man yelled, power strong in his voice, but not Alpha power. I recognised him from a visit he had made back when I was still at my old pack. A year ago.

     'Beta, we mean no harm.'  I answered respectfully not eager to cause any trouble.

     'The Silver Moon Pack  does NOT tolerate rogues trespassing on our land.'

     "I am now aware of that. Please allow me to leave." I asked on the verge of begging.

     The Beta stepped forward and then looked at me. 'Why do I have the feeling that I have met you before?' 

     I lifted my head high and then bowed slightly. "I am Starlett Nicole Woods of the Cresent Moon Pack, or at least I was." I said, my posture weakening at the end. I heard his mental gasp and then he shifted.

     I turned away shielding my eyes as  I waited for him to dress. "You may look now. I am decent." I turned back and saw his familiar face. His dirty blonde hair hung messily in his face hiding a pair of dark brown eyes. "I had no idea. My apologies but... what are you doing so far from home?" asked curiousity lighting up his face.

      "Well I would love to tell you but first I'd love to take a bath." I said looking down at my gritty skin. My cheeks turned red in embarassment. "Oh! I hadn't realized he said motioning through the bushes. As soon as he parted the bushes a large house came into view.I gasped as I took it all in.

     It was nothing compared to the Cresent Moons pack house. The paint on this house looked fresh and clean. A porch extended around the front of the house. Pathways leading to side streets held smaller personal houses. I guess you could say that they had a small town build in the woods. "I'll let you use my bathroom and while you get cleaned up I'll inform the alpha of your arival.

     Everyone heard of your disapearance but it was short lived. Your father told us that it was a false alarm. He said that you had left the country to further your studies. "Oh how thoughtful of him." I murmered. As soon as we walked up the pack to the pack house everyone stopped and stared.

     "Just ignore the staring. Everyine's just curious about the 'new wolf' in the territory." he joked as he opened the door for me. "That or it's the fact that I'm not wearing pants."  I said suddely aware of my apearance. We walked in the door and I was stunned in awe. "Holy baby cheeks this place is nice." I whispered earning a chuckle from him. "Decorated my the Alpha himself." he gestured to the living room that had an extra large flat screen and a cozy looking sectional couch.

     "Come on! My room's this way." he called already up the stairs in front of me. I rushed up the stairs and followed him into a room presumably his bedroom. "Right through that door in a bathroom. I'll send my sister in shortly with some clother for you to wear. Now for me it's off to see the Alpha." he said smiling at me and for a second letting his eyes sweep over me.

     "Okay thanks." I said going into the bathroom and closing it behind me.

SO HOW WAS IT?

GOOD?

BAD?

OKAY?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

LUV MY READERS!

DO I HAVE READERS?

ALSO POST BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS YOU WANT ME TO USE>WILL DEDICATE IF I USE AN IDEA!