Prudhoe Bay Oil Spill, Alaska

Third Person POV

February 26 - March 2, 2006

     Hawaii was walking with her younger brother, Alaska. They were in a field about half a mile out from there house, their father's wishes, so that they could get some fresh air. Alfred had informed Hawaii of her brother's odd behavior these past few days, and wanted Hawaii to try and find out what was wrong.

     Now, you may be wondering why Hawaii is older? Simple. Hawaii was a country/kingdom of it's own before the USA took over. With the, somewhat, help of a fruit company. Don't ask. So that makes Hawaii one of the oldest siblings, by years of existence, in the family. Hence why Alfred asked her to take Alaska out into the woods.

     She watched as her brother played around in the leaves. From what he talked about, he didn't get to see leaves all that often, which was saddening seeing how happy he was with them. 

     Hawaii was enjoying the scenery of the trees. They were very tall, providing good cover from rain. They also gave good shade, and made the air constantly humid, which happened to make her hair poof up a slight bit. It wasn't going to do much today though, she had her hair in a ponytail.

     The sounds of nature were beautiful. A cool breeze rustling the trees. Birds chirping out different melodies that translated into their own speech. The sound of rushing water somewhere further in. And Alaska's laughter. 

     Somewhere nearby, Hawaii could hear Alaska cheerfully playing around. He'd somehow managed to leave her sight while she was gazing at the trees. For being small, he was a quick little fellow. She didn't mind though, he never really strayed far from her. Wherever she was, he was he was bound to be within at least five yards.

     "'Laska! Come on buddy, I got us a pretty spot to play with some animals!" It was true, even if she was s using this as a bribe to find him, she wasn't lying. Their father had shown her a small opening, somewhere a little north of them, that was bustling with life. The animals there were the sweetest things, just coming up to you and falling asleep in your lap.

     Hawaii pushed aside some brush, peering behind it and following the laughter. It was slowly dying out, and Hawaii was pretty sure Alaska was getting further and further away from her. These woods were massive, and she was not about to lose her brother in them. She knew he'd be fine, but she still didn't want him to be scared. Or their father angry.

     "Come out bud! Father doesn't want us separating!" She called. This time, there was no laughter in response. It was quiet for a moment, then Hawaii heard a weird gurgling sound. Huh, that was an.. odd noise. She kept going deeper, trying to keep mind of her surroundings so that she wouldn't get lost.

     Hawaii kept walking for a about two minutes, worry growing in her stomach. There hasn't been a time recently where she hasn't seem Alaska for more then four minutes, not counting his bedtime, changing, showering, games, ect. She didn't like how quiet it was. Birds or not, it was still quiet without the laughter. She had no way of finding him right now.

     "Alaska?.." she called out again. Nothing.

     What happened? Where is her bro- "BOO!"

     Hawaii fell backwards screeching, kicking at the air. She hit her head on something, a tree root for the feel of it. It took her a moment to adjust to reality again, that's gonna leave a bruise for sure. Then she heard giggles. 

     Looking up quickly, she came face to face with a smiling Alaska, giggle his butt off at her reaction. She left out a sigh of relief before smirking.