Bath Bombing, Michigan

(A/N: I'm sorry to the other requests I'm working on. They are in progress, I can assure you, however, this one was done ahead of time on a trip, and now that it had been requested I have no reason to keep it held in drafts. Please enjoy the request sent in by @LuckyChase for Michigan Bath School Bombing.)

Third Person POV

May 18, 1927

     "Thanks sweetie, I really needed that," Alfred said to his daughter, Colorado. Alfred had recently been bombarded with paperwork, he needed to release his stress. His daughter had offered to take him to the mountains, claiming that they helped calm her down and would help him as well. The sun was in the middle of the sky now, and they were just returning home.

     "You're welcome daddy! I'm really glad your better now!" Colorado said, skipping up to the porch of their countryside mansion. The house was fairly big, it could be seen from miles away if it weren't for the trees surrounding it. There was a side house next to it, that one housed the original thirteen, leaving Alfred more space and making the mansion less crowded.

     The little girl opened up the door upon arrival, and held it open for her father. To which she was given a, "Thank you darlin'."

     Colorado giggled when he said this to her. She found his constantly changing accent funny, as did most of his states. Once Alfred was inside, Colorado ran off to join some of her siblings in the main room who were playing around with wooden blocks. Alfred went off to his office to finish off anymore paperwork he might've not done before heading out that morning.

     On his way, he passes Ohio and Kansas, who were quietly conversing and seemed uneasy. Alfred caught sight of his kids off feelings, and stopped to check if they were ok, "Hey, what's wrong y'all?"

     The two slightly jumped before turning to face their father. When they saw him, Ohio spoke up, "Michigan hasn't been feeling well today, we can't tell if he caught a sickness or something else, but Dela told us to keep him separate from us just in case."

     Alfred nodds in understanding before Kansas chimes in, "Ya! But we're worried he's getting lonely. Dela said no body but Wis could go in with Big Brother until you checked it out!" Alfred smiled, sometimes Kansas acted more like New Mexico or Arizona than his age. Slightly smirking, he leaned over to kiss the young state's head.

     "Alright sweetness, how about you show me to your brother, hm? I'll make sure nothing is wrong with him," once again, one of his kids giggled at his accent change. This time it happened mid sentence. Ohio then nodded, and sent Kansas off to tell Delaware that Al was back, and that he was making sure nothing was up with Michigan.

     Ohio then proceeded to lead Al down the hall they were currently in, all the way to its end. He then stopped at an oak door that was engraved with the word 'Medical', "Here you are Dad, Wis should be in there with him."

     Alfred nodded in conformation, "Ok, thanks Ohio."

     "You're welcome, bye Dad." With that Ohio turned on his heels and went back down the hallway, leaving Al alone. Alfred turned to the door, knocking on it and waiting for response. He heard some shuffling sound, a somewhat loud thump, and a small bit of laughter. The door the opened to reveal a boy slightly taller than Ohio with reddish hair, Wisconsin, "Oh! Pops, you can come in. I'm kinda glad you came right now, I need to go find Texas. He wanted me to help him with... something, I really don't know."

     "Sure, you go do that," Alfred replied, giving off a snort. The boy then left and Alfred stepped in to find a room lit with only one candle. There were boards covering what was supposed to be the window, a pile of knocked over boxes, and a small bed in the far corner. On the bed was a boy with blond hair who was sitting up starring at him using light blue eyes.