Ch.10 Rival

■3rd Person POV■

A month has passed, Y/N's study group now consists of more people, Semi and Ohira Joined about two weeks ago.

Y/N is happy to study with her friends like this, but the thing is, the other doesn't think that this study group is peaceful.

Everyone in the group other than Y/N realizes that there's slight darkness whenever Ushijima and Touma look at each other, or more like glaring.

Y/N has been coming to the volleyball ball and basketball training lately. But not every day because Akane would sometimes drag her back to their room right after the study session finished.

Even though Y/N thought of watching Ushijima and Touma practice as a form of cheering her friends, Akane is the one who's tired to see it.

Akane: I can't take it anymore... redhead... do something...

Akane is whispering to Tendo as they sit next to each other.

Tendo: I found this amusing fufu~

If Akane is annoyed by the rivalry between Ushijima and Touma, Tendo is the other way around. He enjoys seeing Ushijima lose his composure once in a while when he fell into jealousy.

Ushijima isn't very expressive, so when he's with Y/N, they enjoy each other presence in silence. But, when Y/N with Touma, the two always talk as if they're close friends that even closer than Ushijima. This really ticks him off and Tendo knows it.

The study session for today is done, now all eyes are on Y/N.

Ushijima: Y/N... want to come and watch our practice?

Touma: how about going to the basketball gym instead?

Akane raises from her seat and pulls Y/N with her.

Akane: TODAY IS HER TIME WITH ME!

Akane drags Y/N out of the library, taking her straight to their dorm. Now there is only the guy left in the library.

Tendo: Akane chan took L/N chan too fast~

Everyone is walking out of the library when Touma calls out on Ushijima, stopping the volleyball captain from taking another step.

Ushijima looks back at Touma, and the two now facing each other. Semi, Ohira, and Tendo are watching from the door.

Touma: I think we've become pretty obvious huh?

Ushijima: what do you mean?

Tendo, Semi, and Ohira smack their own face listening to Ushijima's answer. "Our dense captain", they thought.

Touma laughs a little, but then he seriously looks at Ushijima.

Touma: I like Chairmate Chan

■Ushijima's POV■

My heart is clenches when I hear Hisui clearly stated that he likes Y/N. Hisui stares at me, he looks serious.

Touma: you, what do you feel about her?

My feeling for her... what is it?

Ushijima: she's a childhood friend of mine...

Touma: I know you're childhood friend and all, but... is that it?

What is Y/N to me? I need her presence...

Ushijima: she's someone who's always around me... she's a precious friend of mine...

Touma: is that it? Then, it's fine if I'm pursuing her?

Dub Dub

Hisui is staring at me intensely, I feel like I was being challenged in a way.