Ch.5 Your Presence

■Y/N's POV■

I'm currently walking with Akane to the school building.

Akane: I can't believe he just legit asked you to accompany him looking for shoes, after bluntly rejected you...

Y/N: it's alright Akane... I mean it'll help me to act normal around him...

Akane: This isn't even normal Y/N...

I look at my feet at what Akane said. It's not normal, Wakatoshi never even once asked me to come with him anywhere. I'll always ask him to let me come with him.

But yesterday he asked me to go with him this weekend. His eyes, they look down, and troubled.

Y/N: maybe... something is wrong... he seems down when I saw him last night...

Akane: and you still going to stay around him like that even though you said you're trying to move on?

My heart clenches when I heard that. Yes, I know I said I need to avoid him to forget him, but I think he looks troubled.

Y/N: I just... want to make sure that Wakatoshi is alright...

Akane pats my head making me look up at her.

Y/N: Can't believe how soft your heart is... especially for him... I just hope, you didn't get hurt again.

Akane and I partway as she heads to the opposite hallway. I walk into the class and see Hisui kun waving at me.

Touma: Morning Chair mate chan~

Y/N: good morning Hisui kun

I place my bag on my desk and sit down on my chair.

Touma: why the long face?

Y/N: uh? Nothing... do I look not okay?

Hisui kun laughs at me and pats my head.

Touma: your appearance is totally okay...

Y/N: it's not what I mean Hisui kun!!

I become embarrassed, but Hisui kun makes my mind a little at ease. And now I'm chuckling with him.

Touma: so, you're close to the volleyball club member?

Y/N: ah... um... I'm Wakatoshi's childhood friend... and uh, I used to come to their practice... and games too...

Touma: so why not anymore?

Hisui kun stares at me, waiting for my answer.

Y/N: I... uh just don't want to distract him... Wakatoshi, has a dream he wants to achieve...

Touma: hmm... if it's me, the only thing that will distract me if you're around is how attractive you are~

Y/N: Hisui kun stop with that embarrassing remarks, please...

Hisui kun laughs again, I could feel my face heating up. But then again, that's not what distracting Wakatoshi. My presence could probably bothersome for him. My heart clenches.

Touma: hey!

I look up to Hisui kun, he didn't look at me but I know he's talking to me.

Touma: wanna come to my practice instead?

Hisui kun is in the basketball club and the current captain. I'm sure he's a good player. Well, I don't have any club too, but it'll be awkward if I'm alone.

Y/N: um, okay, but can Akane come?

Touma: oh... your friend from class two?  yes. I could show off my skill to more peoples.