10 | Mizpah

Mizah: (n.) the deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death

--

Asahi's pov

I look back at Noya who seems to be having trouble walking. I stop and let him catch up. He hauled himself over to me, so I grabbed his waist to help him walk, his arm around my neck.

"Are you good? What happened?" I quizzed, trying to walk at a fast enough pace for him.

"Just keep going! I'll tell you once we get to a safer place." He responded.

I quickly nodded my head as we sauntered our way after the others. I decided that since Noyas not in the condition to walk I would carry him. So I stopped him and picked him up and carried him over my shoulder. I sprinted after the others. It was a good idea to carry Noya because it was more efficient and faster.

I followed Daichi through alleyways and away from the pursuing zombies. Finally finding a place to take a break and patch up the injured. It was a rather large building, it seemed like an office, just runned down. We climbed multiple flights of stairs to get nearly to the top and away from the zombies. I put Noya down against a wall while I went to go help Ennoshita with his scratches. I scanned his body for any bites and fortunately there was wasn't any. The other injured people were Tsukki, Kageyama, Hinata, Yachi, and Tanaka.

After inspecting their bodies, making sure there wasn't any bites, there was only a few deep scratches. I patched up the scratches and went to go check on Noya.

I look down at him and see his leg bleeding. "Hey, you're... you're bleeding!"

"Heh bad news. I've been, uh, bitten." He chuckled when I kneeled down to him.

"W-What?" I trembled.

"I'm not gonna lie, this is not how I planned this would go down." Noya scratched the nape of his neck. "How bad does it look?"

I gave it a look over. "I should've been there, I should've protected you."

"No Asahi. Don't pin this on yourself. They came out of nowhere... I had no time to react." He frowned.

I paused for a bit, then I stood up and walked to Daichi. "Daichi, I want you and Suga or someone to go-"

"Asahi, theres nothing we can do about it. Even if we did get help, I dont think they'd let me in, let alone have a cure for it." Noya grabbed my arm.

"No, I refuse to believe it will end like this. We can still make it, I-I, we're so close." Tears pricked my eyes.

"Whats going on?" Daichi raised a brow.

Noya lifted his leg and showed Daichi the bite. Daichi took a step back in surprise.

"Fuck, Noya." Was all Daichi could muster out.

I look at Noya and he starts to sway. "I think I'm gonna-" He collapsed, I quickly grabbed him and held him up.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

I leaned him back against the wall and took a look at the bite. It was deep and still kinda bleeding. I grabbed a spare cloth and wrapped it tightly around the bite.

"Daichi." I called him over. "I want you and Suga to go find help. Its so close so I'm not too worried but-"

"We'll do it. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about Noya but... you can count on us." He interrupted.

I nodded my head. Daichi pulled Suga aside and whispered something to him. I assumed that it was about Noya and our plan. I watch as the walk past me, Suga gave me a comforting smile. I heard their footsteps getting further and further until I couldn't hear them anymore. I took a last glance at Noya, then went to see if any of the others needed help.