6 | Atelophobia

Atelophobia: the fear of not being good enough

--

Noya's pov

I watched as Asahi was being all lovey dovey to this Aimi chick. I rolled my eyes and stared at the fire instead. I might just be jealous, but I dont like it when he talks to her. He hasn't talked to me in hours. I missed him, but I was also mad at him.

"Hey bro, you good?" Tanakas voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah dude, I'm alright." I mumbled hugging my legs.

"Is you're side hurting or you're mind?" He always knew what was on my mind.

"My mind bro. Just look at them." I flicked my head towards Asahi and the girl.

"Ah, so you're jealous." He said watching them.

"I guess. He hasn't talked to me all day. What if he likes her and not me anymore?" I started to worry. "Maybe I'm crazy, all I can tell you is just now, in that moment, all I can think about is Asahi. I just can't wrap myself around the fact that he might like that girl more than me. Actually, its killing me."

"Noya, that's not fair." Tanaka said sternly.

"I know. I know its not fair, and I know you're right. He probably likes this girl. You think I dont want him to be happy? I want him to be happy... but- serious Noya moment here, I wanna be happy too. And for some reason, I cant imagine that happening without Asahi."

He said that he loved me. He said he saw a future with me in it. Then why isn't he acting like it? Maybe they're just friends and im overreacting.

"Dude its okay, you guys will get through it. I'm sure he still loves you. Its just one girl. What does she have that you don't?" He comforted me, patting my back.

"Boobs." I muttered.

"I-I mean yeah that, but I dont think he really cares about that." He sweat dropped.

"What if I had boobs, do you think he would notice me then?" I asked looking at Tanaka.

"No Noya-" He sighed. "What im saying is that he still loves you the way you are. Just give it a day and he'll come talk to you again."

"If you say so." I sighed.

"Bro cuddle?" He opened his arms.

"Bro cuddle." I leaned into his arms.

He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. I opened an eye to peek on Asahi and he was still talking to the girl. I closed my eyes and leaned in closer to Tanaka.

--

After a long night, we started heading off again. The snow was five inches thick, and it was very cold. Hugging myself to stay warmer, I found myself walking alone. My a feet were so frozen it felt like they were going to fall off. I had a short sleeve shirt on and a heavy jacket, but it still couldn't keep me warm. My teeth were chattering and my whole body was shaking. I looked around and it seemed like everyone else was doing fine.

I grabbed my backpack and pulled out a blanket out of it. Stopping for a moment to wrap myself in the blanket. I pulled my backpack back on and ran to catch up with the others. They always say moving around helps you get warmer.

It somewhat helped, but still wasn't enough. Cold, mad and frustrated I started to kick the snow as I walked.

As I caught up with the others, I looked up to see Suga slowing down to walk with me.