Chapter 24 ~ Uh, Nice To See You

Dedication: @uzie23 for your comments. Thank you so much, love .xx

_____________________________

Chapter 24 ~ Uh, Nice To See You

[Louis' POV]

Tiffany walked over to Harry and gave him a kiss on the cheek before taking his hand in hers, pulling him away from me. I frowned at them, biting my bottom lip. How could I have forgotten he had a bloody girlfriend? This changed everything. Did he even like me as much as he told me he did?

"Hi, Tiffany. Uh, nice to see you," Harry laughed nervously, trying to break free from her grip discreetly.

The action made me a little happy, although I was far from smiling. She was still standing close to him, and that kiss on the cheek had been like a slap in the face. "I should uh... go," I muttered, turning on my heel to head towards my locker.

"Wait, Louis!" Harry wrapped his hand around my wrist, pulling me back. "Please don't leave," he begged, his eyes staring right into my soul.

It was as if his words held two meanings. He didn't want me to leave him now, and he also didn't want to lose what we had started yesterday because of Tiffany. However, I couldn't stay there and watch her flirt with him, so I just shook my head, pulling myself out of his hold. "I'll see you in class."

I walked to my locker with my hands stuffed in my jeans pockets. A few people threw glances at me, but I just ignored them, keeping my face turned towards the floor. Once I was at my locker, I opened it and tossed my backpack into it along with my jacket. Closing it again - this time with my books in one of my hands - I ran the other through my slightly wet hair, sighing heavily.

When I had finally thought things were great, they turned out to be not so great after all. How could I have thought they were? I mean, being with Harry wouldn't be easy, I knew that, but I didn't think it would be this difficult. I wanted to be with him without having to think about the fact my mum could catch sight of him any second and force us apart, and I also wanted to be with him without having to think about his stupid girlfriend.

"Hi, Louis," I could hear a voice say behind me as I made my way to English.

I turned around to see Luke with a smile on his face, his books in his hands just like me. "Hey," I said, cracking a small smile myself. It didn't reach my eyes, though.

He noticed this instantly and the smile dropped from his face. "You okay? What happened?" He walked over to toss an arm around my shoulders, pulling me against his side and looking at me worriedly.

I shrugged. "It's nothing. I just witnessed something I didn't want to see," I muttered, looking down at the floor.

Seeing through the corner of my eye how he furrowed his eyebrows, I kept my gaze directed at the floor. "Has this something to do with the guy you mentioned you had feelings for yesterday?"

Should I lie or should I tell him the truth? I knew that if I told him it did have to do with him, he would question me further, and I didn't know what to say then, so I settled for a lie. "No, it's something else."

He nodded, seeming to get the hint that I didn't want to talk about it. "Okay. Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you were busy today? This movie is in cinemas at the moment and I've wanted to see it for quite some time now. What do you say?" He asked hopefully, his hand squeezing my bicep gently.