SUMMER NIGHT - 05 - Guilty Party

Knock knock knock...

A knock on the door came from inside Sam's apartment. Sam, who was lying on the sofa while watching television, immediately gets up from his sleep and opens the door. Sam is both surprised and grateful that it is Ezra who came to his apartment, not Magdalena who is going to force him to practice for tomorrow's concert all the time.

Sam also breathes a sigh of relief. "What's coming here?" asked Sam. 

"Are you free?" Ezra steals a glance into Sam's apartment to make sure he really isn't busy. "You're ... not practicing, are you?"

Sam shakes his head. "Don't tell Magdalena. She will definitely scold me badly. I was resting earlier, I want to freshen up," he replied.

"Good then, you can come with us to lunch together and take a walk," Ezra said.

Sam frowned. "Us? You mean ...?"

"Me, Rhyme, Kate, Cassie, and Zoe. Aren't you interested in joining?" Ezra investigated.

Hearing the names Kate and Cassie, Sam immediately becomes uncomfortable and wants to reject it.

But Ezra still tries to convince Sam. "They really want you to join us, Sam. At least appreciate them once, they want to spend time with you," Ezra said, which made Sam's heart waver.

"But, I hurt their feelings yesterday. They must be very angry with me. I don't want to disappoint them again," said Sam.

Ezra shakes his head. "They may be angry, but that doesn't mean you guys will keep quiet without making up like that. This could actually be a great opportunity for you to improve your relationship with them, Sam. After all, this is your birthday, right? Don't waste this day. What's more, at least when you run the concert tomorrow you will feel calmer without being overwhelmed by your thoughts on them," Ezra said.

Sam slowly agrees to his words and changes his decision. "Okay, I'm in."

◇◇◇

Meanwhile .... Kate, Cassie, Rhyme, and Zoe, who were waiting for Ezra - and Sam too - were on the ground floor of his apartment. They really hoped that Sam agreed to their invitation. However, they also didn't want to have higher hopes. Sam could have acted like the previous day and rejected their offer outright. And maybe that will add to their disappointment.

Cassie sighs as she glances at the watch she is wearing. It has been more than fifteen minutes, but Ezra isn't back yet. Apparently, her guess from the start that Sam would turn down her offer is correct.

"Ezra!" called Rhyme suddenly and makes the other three spontaneously turn to Ezra who is coming towards them alone.

With a flat face, Ezra sighs softly. "Sorry, friends."

Kate and Cassie suddenly be limp after finding out that Sam isn't with him. Meanwhile, Zoe and Rhyme just nod in understanding. "It is okay--"

"Surprise!" exclaimed Sam as he runs toward them and cheers happily.

"Sam !?" shrieked the four girls. It is beyond their expectation that this will happen. And now they are very happy with Sam's presence in front of them.

"I've decided, I'm coming," he said.

Kate was very happy, but remembering yesterday's incident, she immediately pursed her lips. "I'm still mad at you, Sam. Don't forget that," she grumbled.

Sam smiles a little, then he walks over to Kate and hugs her tightly. "I'm sorry, Kate. Yesterday, I was really tired. The concert meant a lot to me and I didn't want to lose that golden opportunity. I wanted to do my best until I forgot that I was also very tired and got emotional. I'm sorry," said Sam.