SUMMER NIGHT - 04 - Stepbrother

"Give it back!" Kurma is growling at a 175 cm tall boy in front of her. The man was grabbing Kurma's gray backpack and taking something inside. Ah, apparently he forcibly takes Kurma's wallet from there.

"You can work even harder. I better save this money for the date with Agnes," he said casually, while Kurma is still trying to snatch the thing from him.

"Agnes again, Agnes again," Kurma grumbled. "You can take all my money in savings. I don't mind if it's for that. But the money you're holding is not mine! Mrs. Magdalena entrusted it to me for tomorrow's The Strain Street concert. Understand, Gio, it's not mine!" Kurma firmly.

Gio, the man who is none other than her own half-brother, rolls his eyes lazily after hearing Kurma's words. Then, he takes a glass of mineral water not far from them and broke it to make Kurma away. "Shut up!" Gio snaps to Kurma who is now covering his ears in surprise.

With his arrogant steps, the boy with all torn clothes walks up to Kurma and pulls his chin roughly. "You talk a lot!" he said. "I need money to take Agnes out and your salary is still not enough for me. If I don't ask her out this week, then she'll dump me. So, I want this money, okay?"

"Argh .... Get off me!" Kurma groaned and tries to free herself from Gio's grip without wanting to hear his words. 

Gio chuckled irritably. "One more thing, don't tell Magdalena that I took this money. Just say you lost it. If not, I will not forgive you!" Gio threatened.

"What kind of brother are you, huh? I worked hard for you too! What if I get fired just because of your selfish behavior !?" exclaimed Kurma. With tears in her eyes, she was still trying to stay strong in the face of her half-brother's selfishness.

"Well, you just have to find another job," Gio replied casually.

"And you're going to have fun spending my money again that way?" Kurma's question was answered by Gio's nonchalant nod. "Are you crazy !? How could you!"

"Noisy!" Running out of patience because he was dealing with his half-sister, Gio becomes angry and pretends to hit Kurma, who now closed her eyes when Gio raises his left hand.

"Stop this, Gio!" Ezra said, who immediately comes with Rhyme and stops their argument. Ezra holds Gio's hand so that he wouldn't mess with Kurma, while Rhyme pulls Kurma away from Gio. "Put back her wallet and don't act as you wish!" Ezra commanded.

Gio wards Ezra's hand and looks at him lightly. "Do not interfere!" exclaimed Gio.

"Do not act arbitrarily!!" Ezra replied.

Not wanting to face the son of the representative of the band The Strain Street agency anymore, Gio chooses to give in and throw at Kurma's wallet roughly. "We're not done yet!" Gio threatened Kurma before he walks away from that place.

"Gio !!!" Kurma exclaimed, but Gio did not hear her. Kurma also sighs heavily as she rubs her face in frustration.

Rhyme stroked his shoulder. "Calm down, Kurma, he won't be able to do things anymore."  

Ezra joins in sighing seeing her brother's behavior just now. He can't stop thinking about how Kurma could stand with him.

"Are you okay?" Ezra asked as he approaches Kurma who was sitting on one of the chairs.

Seeing Ezra's treatment of showing concern for Kurma, Rhyme begins to misunderstand him. Suddenly, Rhyme feels bad about bothering the two of them. She also chooses to leave the two of them there. "Uhm, I'll get you some drinking water," she said with a small smile, then left there.

♧♧♧

Rhyme walks out of the room with unsteady steps. Initially, she intended to take mineral water for Kurma. But, she discourages and chooses to leave the room because she didn't want to disturb them. Then, Rhyme steps into the main room which is at the entrance to the building.