SUMMER NIGHT - 02 - Sam and His Birthday

At night...

Cassie, Kate, Rhyme, and Zoe had their party dresses neatly. They have also prepared balloons, gifts, birthday cake, and candles for Sam's birthday. Kate made her birthday cake, Cassie prepared gifts for Sam, while Rhyme and Zoe prepared balloons and other decorations. In about one hour, 12:00 a.m to be precise, there will be a change of days and it will be Sam's birthday.

After everything was ready, the four of them go to the location where Sam and his band are doing a rehearsal at their concert venue by taxi.

"I can't wait to see Sam's reaction when he finds out we came to surprise him," Cassie said with a chuckle. 

ate laughed too as she imagined it. "He will be delighted," she said. 

Rhyme and Zoe nodded in agreement. "I'm getting impatient...."

Their taxi car arrives at their destination and the four of them immediately get out of there carrying their belongings. Then the four of them simultaneously entered the concert hall.

Kate who gets in first is looking right and left as she heads toward the receptionist. 

"Hello, ma'am!" said Kate. Oh, wait, Kate knows her. The middle-aged woman in front of her is Sam's manager. 

"What's the matter, miss?" asked the woman.

"I'm Kate, I'm Sam's brother. I came all the way from Millwood, Los Angeles. I heard Sam is here for a rehearsal for his concert. May I see him?" asked Kate kindly. 

However, the woman harshly replied. "Unfortunately, he doesn't have time to meet anyone. He's busy. Meet him tomorrow, or... at least until he finishes the concert."

"What!? But, that's taking too long! I want to surprise Sam now because today is his birthday!" said Kate. 

"I don't think he needs the surprise. There are lots of fans who can surprise him. So, you don't have to bother," replied the woman.

Cassie, who hears the commotion between the two, rushes over to Kate. "What's the matter, Kate?" she asked. 

"This lady won't let me see Sam. She's very cheapskate," Kate replied irritably. 

Cassie is annoyed to hear that too. "Ma'am, we've come all the way here for Sam. We want to see Sam!" Cassie said. 

"Just meet him tomorrow. What's so hard?" replied the woman did not want to lose.

"Please. Can't you just give us one chance to see him?" asked Zoe and Rhyme, who join them. 

The woman stares at them curtly. "All right, whatever. You can meet him just this once, then don't bother him anymore. Got it !?" she said.

"Thank you, ma'am!" the girls replied. Then, they immediately enter the hall room where the concert was held. 

The woman shook her head. "What annoying kid."

The four of them begin to enter the back of the stage as they look around. Before long, they hear the voice of a boy singing accompanied by rock music on stage echoing into their ears. And it is Sam's beautiful voice rehearsing for their concert.

"...cause everybody wants you na na na.... Cause everybody wants you nanana!"

"Do you hear? It's Sam!" yelled Kate. 

"Alright. Come on, let's meet him!" encourage Zoe to cheer up. 

Then, carrying their things, Kate, Cassie, and Zoe immediately run toward the stage to get to Sam.