Big brother

It had taken them a while and Harry and Burt yelling with half of the hospital saying that Quinn's immediate family wasn't going to come and they needed to let Piper in the room instead, but they had managed it so, as Harry handled all the paperwork for Quinn since he did already feel rather responsible for her, having the girl in his house for weeks now, Piper was allowed in. And so, there she found herself, alone with her girlfriend as she sat beside her bed, holding her hand in hers and trying to stop herself from sobbing too much as Quinn slowly, but surely, woke up from the anesthesia she had been put under.

"Hi, baby..." Piper smiled softly as soon as Quinn opened her eyes and frowned a bit at the bright lights around her.

"Piper?" She called, still a bit disoriented. "What... What happened?"

"Hey, hey, take it easy now." Piper shook her head as she pushed Quinn back to the bed gently as soon as she started to move. Smiling down at the girl, Piper reached up to brush a strand of her blonde hair out of her face and she sniffled, trying not to cry again. "You... You're in the hospital, remember that? You've been... You've been in a car accident."

Quinn frowned for a second, but then, the memories came all rushing back and she gasped.

"I was going to Rachel's wedding." She said, as Piper nodded. "I... I was gonna get my bridesmaid dresses, but Rachel kept texting me to ask me where I was and... You called me a few times too, so I... I decided to let you know I was on my way there, but... Oh, my God... I got hit, didn't I? Because... Because I was texting while driving."

At that, Piper sighed, nodding her head a bit as she felt her eyes filling with tears already.

"Your car got T-boned, bub..." Piper whispered, still holding Quinn's hand in her lap as she moved from the chair she was sitting on to the edge of her bed instead, her voice already breaking as she spoke her next words. "The doctor said... The doctor said you were lucky to be alive. I was so worried, Quinn... I... I couldn't breathe and I... I couldn't stop thinking that... If you... If you had died, you'd have died after an argument of ours that we had because... Because I was insecure about myself again, and I... I couldn't take... I just couldn't imagine having you gone without telling you again that... That I love you and I'm so sorry about how I reacted about Yale and I know you were just trying to help and I was such a bitch about it and I... I'm so sorry, Quinn, I... I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, hey, shh..." Quinn cooed gently, wiping her own tears away as she pulled Piper closer, as the girl laid down beside her and cuddled up to her side, crying gently on her shoulder. "It's okay, angel... I wasn't mad at you, okay? And I hear you. It wasn't fair of me to decide anything about your future without asking you first. "

"But you were right too. It's our future. And we need to think it over. Together." Piper nodded, as Quinn smiled.

"We will." She said, pressing a kiss to Piper's forehead as the freckled girl just turned to look up at her. "And if Yale is not what you want, we'll figure something else, okay?"

"Okay." Piper nodded. "Thank you. But, right now... I don't really want to talk about this. I just... I just want to hold you, okay? Because... Because I was so scared I wasn't going to be able to do it again."

"I'm here, bubby. And I'm not going anywhere" Quinn assured gently, pulling Piper closer to her as the girl smiled and tucked herself into her girlfriend's arms and threw a leg over hers. Quinn frowned a bit at that, however, looking down at Piper legs thrown over hers and gasping when she realized that it wasn't moving at all even though she was trying to move her own legs. "Oh, my God..."

"What?" Piper asked then, quickly pulling herself off of Quinn as she looked down at her in worry. "What happened? Is anything hurting?"

"Squeeze my leg." Quinn said, as Piper frowned, confused.