Rita's

The music flowed all around you.

Loud rumblings of bass dancing along your skin. The lights in the club were low. Electric light beams dance along the walls, your body, the crowd that surrounds you.

All you felt was the music. You were lost in it. Lost in the love that surrounded your life as you danced the night away in your favorite joint.

Rita's

It was the best place in Velaris to lose yourself in for the night. With the music, the drinks, the gambling. It was a place that everyone was able to let go in. Allow themselves to get lost in the moment without thinking of the weight of the tomorrow.

After a few songs, you made your way through the crowd and to the bar. Taking a moment to grab a drink before heading back to the dance floor.

The warm glow of the bar lit your path in the club. Rita's was crowded, even for a Thursday night. Climbing up the small flight of stairs from the pit, you made your way to the main bar. The short black dress you had on swaying on your thighs as you approached.

Francis was tending the main bar tonight, a friend of yours. You reached the bar, placing your forearms on the top of it, leaning on it as you scanned the selection.

You spot Francis on the opposite side of the bar, making drinks and talking to customers. Your eyes wander over the people who eagerly wait to catch his attention until your gaze stumbles upon a broad handsome male.

With wings.

You had only ever seen a few winged males in your life.

And none that looked like him.

Wavy hair falling at his temples, the rest thrown back in a bun. His shoulders were broad, the muscles of his chest evident through his tight shirt.

Your eyes went back to his face to find he was looking at you too.

Your eyes met.

And held.

A rush of heat flowed through you.

You wanted him.

Right now.

You kept his gaze from across the bar as Francis moved over to him. He held you in his stare as he spoke to him, the music too loud and the distance far enough away that even your Fae ears couldn't catch it. Francis turned slightly, his neck twisting and looked towards you. You only broke the winged male's gaze for a moment to look at Francis before meeting it once again.

Francis turned back around and nodded at Cassian, moving over to start making whatever he had asked of him.

The two of you continued to stare at each other.

Heat started to build within you. You had never held eye contact with someone for this long.

Or with someone who looked like him.

It was sexy. Hot. The look he was giving you felt like promises of a dirty fantasy finally being able to be played out.

Your train of thought was interrupted by Francis, placing a drink in front of you. You broke the stare of the mystery winged man to look at your friend who was..

Smiling.

"This is from him."

Francis said through his grin, placing the drink in front of you and giving you a wink before moving on to the next person waiting for his attention.