tuscany

Last night after my date with Louis, Stass and I apparated to my grandparents' chateau in Tuscany. My grandparents are throwing this brunch to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Blackwood Winery. They've invited all of the big Wizarding families, which means the Malfoys will be in attendance. Luckily, I asked Louis to be my date to the party this afternoon so I don't have to show up empty handed.

    "Alex just sent an owl", Stass said walking into our room with an envelope in her hand. "He wanted to apologize for not writing because the boys have been too inebriated to write to us"

    "Nice to know", I sighed.

    Nice to know the boys have been doing pub crawls and hooking up with every witch across Europe. Draco probably spent most of his holiday with a different witch every night like he does every year.

    "Don't get like that. I know where your mind is going"

    "My mind isn't going anywhere. It's staying put"

    "You're thinking about Draco and what he's been doing?"

    "No, I'm not", I lied.

    "Whether you've been thinking about him or not, you're going to have to see him today. How do you feel?"

    "Like it's just a normal day at the chateau"

    "You don't have to mask your feelings with me, Stell. How do you really feel?"

    "Nervous. Scared. Angry. I don't know what to say or how to act when Draco arrives. We were supposed to spend our holiday in Italy together and now..."

    "Now you're going to be here with Louis. Don't let Draco ruin this new fling you got going on"

    "What if he shows up with a date? What if he-"

    "Who gives a shit?", Stass said cutting me off. "If he shows up with some random witch he found off the streets of Berlin, that's his problem, not yours. You're going going to have a lovely handsome French wizard on your arm"

    "You're right", I sighed.

    "Well, of course I am", she smiled, puffing up her chest. "Now, let's go get ready for the party", she said grabbing my hands and lifting me off of the bed.

    I followed Stass into our closet and started to look through my clothes that I had hung up. Both Stass and I agreed on wearing silk dresses for today's event. It's not "black tie" kind of party but it's still an elegant event where we have to look our best.

    I pulled out a maxi dark brown silk dress with a cowl neckline and silver detailing on the straps. The dress had two slits on the side and reached right above my ankles. I paired my dress with a pair of black Manolo Blahnik pumps and silver dangling earrings that go with the straps on my dress. For my hair, I wore it straight, split down the middle and I tucked the left front pieces of my hair behind my ear.