Chapter 3: Phantom Pain

CHAPTER 3: PHANTOM PAIN

ENYO'S POV

I stepped out of the water after of being there for almost half an hour. I needed it. I needed to feel clean after everything that happened.

It's not like I want to feel clean from the thing that tainted me. No. I don't feel the want. I don't feel anything. It was a routine that I taught myself to do. To bring some sense of normality in me. An act of remorse even if I'm not... remorseful.

I don't know what happened to me. I just became like this. I guess in a way it's easier. Lalo na at ako ang kumuha ng responsibilidad na ito.

BHO CAMP fight for justice. We side with what's right. Hindi man legal lahat ng mga ginagawa namin at ang mga desisyon na sinusunod namin, we always choose what's right. Sometimes in a mission it's inevitable to kill. We do it to protect ourselves or the one we're saving. Heaven knows that if given the chance, they won't have second thoughts in killing us.

But we never intentionally kill. It should always be justified.

What happened to Storm is still fresh for everyone. It is because it's still new. What happened to her changed BHO CAMP. We still do what we vow to do; protect those who need our protection. We still risk our lives for our clients and we still dip our toes to balance dark and light.

And there's us. Enders.

It's a new department in BHO CAMP. A secret one. A secret department in a secret organization. Alam kong may ilan na naabot ng mga haka-haka tungkol sa departamento na ito. It's a rumor that the agents don't want to entertain. It's a myth for them. But some of us knows the existence of the Ender.

I volunteered for it when I found out that Dawn and Triton wanted to ask my sister to be part of it. Kailangan lang ng isa sa bawat departamento. One from CAMP Division and one from BHO.

We were not named, we don't speak about it, and there's no documents gathered about our missions. Because Ender is the darkness of the organization. We were given missions directly to do one thing and that is to kill.

It's not some assassin bullshit. We don't kill just for the fun. We just end what needs to be closed. We end those that swam too much in the dark. Like Morrison.

Eris proved herself useful. The two of us is chaos together. The twin disaster. Kada magkakasama kami sa mission, it's always messy, impulsive, and destructive. I know all about infiltration. I like thinking about the mission as if it's a puzzle. I enjoyed being the predator even before... I became like this. Eris on the other hand knows a lot about destroying things. She's a genius when it comes to bombs.

But I know her. Her heart is too pure for her own good. Kahit noong mga bata pa kami, she's the likeable one. She always want to please people around her. Ayaw niyang nagkakamali. She cares a lot and Ender will break her.