Chapter 11

Addison was sitting under a tree by the Black lake. She often found herself at this tree when she needed to be alone to her thoughts. The other three Gryffindors understood, but they always made sure she had her wand with her.

   Her recent thoughts had been drifting to none other than Sirius Black; the supposed murderer. She often wondered how he slipped into unnoticed. Surely after all that time in Azkaban he would look a bit worn and scraggly, not to mention that his face was plastered everywhere. Someone should have seen him wandering about the castle.

   That is, unless of course, he didn't look like himself. She had ruled out getting a haircut and clean shave because he wasn't only wanted by the wizarding community, but the muggle community as well, so he couldn't very well just waltz into a barber shop for a trim.

   She also ruled out polyjuice potion under the circumstances that the potion needs very specific ingredients she didn't know how he could get, the potion takes long to make (and for a man on a mission it seems pointless to make that kind of detour with everyone out for your head), and to stay in a certain form one would need lots of the potion and lots of whatever person you were turning into. Obviously, she knew this from experience.

   Before her thoughts could wander further down their logical road, she was disturbed by rustling in the bushes next to where she sat against the trunk of her thinking tree. She calmly took out her wand as she strained her ears to hear what the noise was caused by. Of course, after the bushes stopped making noise Addi calmed slightly, only to grip her wand tighter as she heard footsteps coming up on her left side.

   She didn't have time to freak out some more because when she turned her head to the side Fred Weasley was standing there. Addi sighed in relief as the tall boy flopped down beside her, ungracefully. She huffed whilst shoving her wand back into her pocket.

   "Oi! Don't look so sad about not getting to hex me," Fred stated incredulously while turning to look at her.

   "I still can if you'd like," Addi replied with a smirk. She turned her head to face him and noticed as his eyes widened and he let out a nervous laugh.

   "Let's not, thanks. Why are you at your thinking tree?" His question took her by surprise. She didn't think anyone knew she came to this tree besides Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Covering up her shock with a raised brow, she bore her gaze into his.

   "Thinking," Fred gave her a deadpan look before poking her in the side making Addi erupt into a fit of giggles. She turned her gaze back onto the lake once she had regained her composure. 

   "So where's Georgie?" Fred scrunched his nose at her in suspicion. 

   "Why?" Addison finally turned her whole body to face the older boy. 

   "Because it's suspicious when you two aren't together," Her answer caused Fred to laugh and poke her side again. This in turn only caused more giggles to fly from her lips.

   The rest of the afternoon was spent under the tree as the two continued to converse. He told her stories from their trip to Egypt and she told him stories about her summer. The air was filled with joy and laughter. He continued to try and poke her only to get his hand smacked away. When it was time to head up for dinner they raced up to the castle; Fred went slower taking in account that Addi still wasn't one hundred percent better. They departed from each other once they reached the Great Hall. Taking the open seat next to Hermione, Addison began to pile delicious food onto her plate.

   "How was your alone time?" Hermione started while nudging Addi in the side gently, "Or should I say alone time with Fred?"

   Addi spit out her pumpkin juice.