\𝓈ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃\

~

~

When Eleanora woke up the next morning, the Burrow felt far too normal for the events of the last night to be real. It took until she stood up and saw the charred remains of her wedding tent through the dining room window that she realized it hadn't been a dream. The Ministry had fallen. Voldemort was winning. But she was married. Despite everything else, Eleanora couldn't help the smile spreading over her face at the realization. She was finally married to Bill.

"What are you smiling about?" Bill jogged down the last few steps to join Eleanora at the window. "Ah... the ashes of our wedding."

Eleanora elbowed him in the ribs. "I was just thinking," she said, slipping an arm around Bill's back.

"About what?" When Bill looked down at her still slightly upturned lips, he couldn't help smiling himself. Eleanora had that effect on him.

She took a deep breath and stared up into his face with sparkling eyes. "About how you're my husband." She giggled at the word, still not used to using it, but loving the feeling. "Husband," she repeated, reveling in the satisfaction of it.

"Married," Bill said with the same dreamy thoughtfulness. "Almost makes everything feel okay."

Eleanora's face settled back into a more serious expression as Lupin, Tonks, and Mr. Weasley joined them in the dining room. "Almost." She looked up at the newcomers. "What's up?"

Mr. Weasley let out a deep sigh and set his hands on the back of a chair, gripping it tightly. "Ministry's a mess. We've just finished moving everyone to Muriel's, I'll give you the address later so you can visit." Eleanora nodded.

"Same with our house," said Tonks. Eleanora looked over at Lupin, who was looking disheveled and more tired than ever. "Remus can write the address down for you."

"I'll give you ours too," said Eleanora.

"Are you sure?" Lupin asked, startling everyone. Eleanora raised her eyebrows at him and he continued, "I just mean we all need to be careful now that we know there's a spy. It's not safe to give everyone in the Order access to the safe houses because that would destroy the point."

"Is anyone here a spy?" Eleanora said doubtfully. Nobody said anything. "Right then, I'll go get some paper."

Once they'd all written their addresses down to get past the Fidelius charm on each house, Lupin, Tonks, Eleanora, and Bill all headed to the door together, leaving Mr. Weasley to do some last minute protection spells on the Burrow. When they reached the walkway, Eleanora turned back to look at the house, realizing this was the first time she was leaving it in about ten years knowing it would never be her home again. She'd come back, of course, but when she did, it would be different. When she voiced this to Bill, he only shrugged. "It'll always be home. Nothing we can do about that." Eleanora laughed softly and took his hand, turning to catch up with Lupin and Tonks.