College

It was time to go to Taek's room again, and Deok Sun decided to go and get Jung Hwan, so they could sneak a few minutes alone before joining the gang.

After greeting Jung Hwan's dad, Deok Sun slowly opened the door to Jung Hwan's room and saw him sitting at his desk. He seemed so engrossed in something that he didn't hear her shut the door behind her, nor feel her come up beside him.

"What's that?" she asked, peering over his shoulder. Jung Hwan practically jumped out of his seat as he whipped around to look at her.

"Geez, Deok Sun! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" he said, clutching at his chest.

But Deok Sun was busy reading the words on the piece of paper on his desk. "The Air Force is pleased to welcome you..."

She looked at him, "What's going on?"

Jung Hwan stood up and leaned against his desk, then reached out to take Deok Sun's hand.

"Deok Sun..." he paused, "I want to be a fighter jet pilot."

She felt her chest tighten, "Isn't that dangerous?"

He smiled and shook his head, "You don't have to worry, okay? The training at the Air Force is really good, and I'll always be careful."

Deok Sun felt tears spring to her eyes. "This means you're leaving me," she said in a small voice, and the tears started streaming down her cheeks.

Jung Hwan felt heavy as he reached out to wipe the tears from Deok Sun's face. He hated to see her cry, and especially hated it now that he was the reason for her tears.

"Deok Sun..." he pulled her close and rubbed her back reassuringly, "We're all really splitting up anyway. Sun Woo is going to medical school. Taek is always in and out of the country for competitions. You and Dong Ryo get to go to college together. And I'll just be in the Air Force."

He pulled away just enough to look at her. "But you and I, we'll make it work, okay? Because I only want to be with you, Deok Sun."

Jung Hwan took a deep breath and stared into her eyes. "I love you."

Deok Sun sniffed and smiled at him shakily, "I love you too."

Jung Hwan wiped the tears from her eyes, then Deok Sun squared her shoulders.

"If you're going to be a fighter jet pilot, I'm going to be a flight attendant," she declared.

Jung Hwan smiled at her affectionately. "You do know there aren't any flight attendants in the Air Force, right?"

Deok Sun pushed his shoulder, "Of course I know that. I'm going to be a flight attendant so that I can share the sky with you."

Jung Hwan felt his heart melt at her words, and he pulled her in for a kiss. He kissed her much more deeply than he ever had before, as he poured out all the love he felt for her. Deok Sun kissed him back just as passionately, and he knew that they would make it through.

Finally, they pulled apart and he tucked her hair behind her ear. "Let's not worry about it for now, okay? We still have a lot of time together. We have time to figure everything out," he said, and she nodded.

They both took a deep breath to compose themselves, then together left his room to join their friends. Life would change for them soon enough, so they had to make the most of these days when everything still stayed the same.