Chapter Two: Choosing Day Dakota's POV

It was today. The day we'd all been waiting for. The day we'd get to choose the branch that we wanted to permanently stay in. Klara and I were the only ones in the top ten who survived Trost. In my last life, I'd joined the Mp's for a change. I hated it. A few months after I did it, I faked my death.

She was moved up to second place and the eight people behind us that didn't die got their place. Their looks were priceless. Imagine being on Death Row and then given a million dollars to start a new life. There were a couple that looked really strange. A girl named Hitch and a boy with a black bowl cut who was always talking about fixing the MP's, but really he was a coward like the rest of them.

Oh well, it didn't matter now, it was just a matter of time before I'd join the Military Police. Do I really want to be like these desperate idiots? I didn't have much time though, I'd already made my decision, the Mp's were for me

"LISTEN UP YOU LITTLE MAGGOTS!" yelled the instructor. "HERE IS SCOUTING LEGION COMMANDER ERWIN SMITH, IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE SCOUTS, YOU'LL STAY HERE, IF NOT, YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!"

And then I saw him, it was the commander of the Survey Corps. I knew him from another life, I trained with him. He was one of my best friends. I wanted to run up there and tell him the truth, but it would be too much for him to handle. Internally, there was a twirling turmoil that was urging me to join the Scout Regiment.

Before I knew it, people were starting to leave. For some reason, my legs felt glued to the ground. Why can't I move? Let me go! I tried to list my feet, but I couldn't move. I'll have to face them again. My odds of surviving the Scouts are 50/50. Yet there I stood, I even had my right fist at my heart in salute mode. I gave in. I'm going to die so that others don't. I'll fight with all my will and protect those who can protect themselves. I will not go by Dakota Winters anymore. Was I really going to admit my true name? I'm Dakota Ackerman! No more lying, no more waiting, I am a Scout!

Thanks guys! 9 followers, wow! I'll for sure upload by Wednsday! I am picking four people who leave a good comment to become new characters in the story! This will go until March 31st, 2015. Say what regiment you want to be a part of and I'll add you! :)