f i v e || u n r e c o g n i z a b l e

Christmas was nearing and Sapnap would be lying if he said he wasn't stressed. He and George had watched Dream slowly go insane and power hungry. He'd teamed up with Wilbur to blow up L'Manburg. He gave Wilbur TNT after he slowly unraveled due to Schlatt winning the presidential election.

He had allowed Karl to move into the SMP but he was very hesitant. Sapnap and George convinced him for weeks on end until he caved. It was unusual because if Karl made Sapnap happy and he helped the community, why would he be so hesitant?

Dream had convinced Tubbo to exile Tommy after he set George's house on fire by accident when robbing it. Not much damage was done, but enough was done overall to make Tommy be on probation. Tommy pushed his luck and Dream pushed Tubbo to the decision of exiling Tommy or New L'Manburg would be boxed inside high walls completely built of Obsidian.

Dream continuously manipulated Tommy in exile all the while making Ranboo think things that weren't true and convincing Tubbo he was a bad president. He tortured Tommy to a point of no return. It was frightening for Sapnap to watch his best friend go from this loving, caring human being to someone he barely recognized. The old Dream just became a figment of his imagination and left in the dark.

George had been hurt, badly, by Dream slowly leaving the pair. George called it quits with Dream which Sapnap feels is one of the things leading to his rapidly increasing downward spiral. George only did it because Dream had changed, and George just couldn't keep up anymore.

Karl had been having nightmares every night and Sapnap had helped him as best as he could. He started waking up and forgetting who he was, where he was, and what he was doing in Sapnap's home. It got to a point where he'd have to write down who he was and what he was doing. Sapnap grew extremely concerned as he had no clue what was going on with Karl.

As days passed Sapnap felt himself wanting to feel the heat of the Nether; the urges he used to feel as a young kid, to go through the portal came back. It was utterly terrifying and only Dream and George knew about them. Now he was alone and going through them at far worse intensities.

Sapnap found himself walking the path to the nether portal. He had to go through the community house but all he could think about was the need to go through the portal. The way his nerves burned and his body felt like fire without it. His eyes were becoming a dark black with the sudden need to feel the crippling heat.

"Sapnap? Sapnap? Hey Sap? Babe?" Karl asked, noticing he was going to the nether portal. Sapnap didn't respond. Karl just walked alongside him with confusion. They reached the portal and he was so close to touching the purple wisps coming from the translucent purple glow inside the obsidian portal.

"SAPANAP! WHAT THE FUCKING BLOODY HELL! ARE YOU PSYCHOTIC!" George screamed as he tackled him to the ground, effectively pulling him out of his daze. Sapnap was now in a panic.

"I didn't go through, did i? Fuck fuck fuck. Did I go through?" Sapnap asked, terrified of the answer as his limbs burned and ached.

"No! What were you thinking! What the actual fuck were you thinking!" George yelled.

"I dont- i dont know. It just hurts so bad, George." Sapnap said, on the brink of tears.

"Sap, what's going on?" Karl asked, watching the situation from the side.

"Karl, we'll need to talk later." Sapnap whispered, leaning into George's embrace. He felt the urges come back once again and gripped onto George's shirt.

"Why is it so sudden? Did something spark them?" George asked, helping the raven haired man up. He shrugged in response and looked to a worried Karl.