Chapter 3: Welcome and Understanding

Oh and just saying, I wrote this while I was grounded. I read all of the Percy Jackson books and all of the Heroes of Olympus series in two weeks!(10 books) So don't judge me if I am missing things about the series, because I might have written that certain part while missing some information. Also this might be bad so don't judge me for that either, it is SO ANNOYING! I am saying this because usually people skip the parts that are not chapters. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy.

-DJ

(One of my favorite pics ever! 🤩🤩)Percy POVI ran to the Phoenix to tame it

Percy POV
I ran to the Phoenix to tame it. Almost nobody knows that if you whisper a certain phrase in the ash of a recently dead Phoenix, it will be born with a lifetime debt to you. (Not true but my story my rules) I whispered the required phrase and the baby bird resurrected with beautiful, red, and blue wings. I ran back to the group with the rapidly growing Poenix in my hands. "Percy, what did you do." Artemis asked me, curiously. "I tamed the Phoenix. Also, I can now understand it. That is what happens when you give someone your blessing at a very young age." She blushed but understood. Wait she blushed? Artemis is not supposed to blush. She is not even supposed to like boys. I was very confused.

I placed the almost full sized Phoenix on the ground. Since I tamed it, it matures way quicker than normal. Hey Boss. I am ready to go to the resting place of the sea spirits of guidance. You can call me whatever you want. A few millennia ago my previous owner called me Willow. A voice said in my head. "Everybody meet Willow. Yes I am talking to it, Thalia." I added anticipating her question. She looked at me then Willow. "Can I ride her?" Piper and Thalia asked at the same time. 'Sure they can ride.' Willow said. She lowered her wing to let them on.

Willow POV
Thalia and Piper climbed on along with Boss. I took to the air steadily and maintained a slow pace right in behind the hunters. I was about to start talking to Boss when Piper started talking. "Hey Percy, how are things with Annabeth?" I turned my head to see them. "Things are going pretty well, I guess." Percy responded and Thalia snorted "They are doing better than well. I won't get into details but what I will tell you is that they like each other a lot."

They were talking about Percy for a little while longer until the conversation moved to Piper. "Enough about me, how are things with Jason?" Percy asked Piper. She turned as red as my wings and covered her face. "Nice day, isn't it." Alright this is my time to step in. "Stop avoiding the subject, Piper. We know you like him." I said in their heads. Piper turned a deeper shade of red if it is possible and looked upset. "Why are you eavesdropping?" I snickered audibly. "How would you know anyway?" She asked me accusingly. "A tamed Phoenix can read minds and memories. Isn't that right, Percy." I said "Yes, it is. Wait, what do you mean by Isn't that right, Percy?"

This time it was Thalia's turn to laugh. "You didn't know that the 'reading minds' thing applied to you too?" He scratched his head, deep in thought. "Umm... no." he admitted. They talked for a while longer then they got bored, then we just flew slowly behind the hunters.

Eventually, Artemis yelled up to us. "Hey everyone, we are going to be there soon. You might want to get on land because I have heard that this place is not friendly." After we got down Artemis spoke to me, 'Don't worry, I can make Percy put a bubble around you so you do not perish in the water.' She smiled at me. 'I will be able to go into water. You do not have to.' I was happy that people cared about me but at the same time annoyed that people think I am so weak when faced with water.

Percy POV
I already knew that a few of these wonderful creatures could live in water, but to figure out that Willow was one of those types made me happy. 'Yes I can survive in water Percy. You do not have to think that I am weak.' Willow's voice said in my head. I shook my head, forgetting that she could do that.