Chapter 1: Retrieval and Delivery

Artemis POV
The Hunters have had a great day, we killed some monsters that were attacking a rural town in Maine and we got a new recruit. I thought we were going to keep this up until I heard a scream. "Hunters! I heard something, follow me." I waved to them and we moved to the sound of the scream. When we got there we saw a minotaur chasing a woman and her child. I rushed to help her while the Hunters attacked the minotaur.

I rushed to the woman to help her but the time I got there it was too late. She was on the ground with fatal gashes in her side and neck. "Ma'am we are here to help!" one of the Hunters said to calm her. The woman looked panicked "Please! My name is Sally. Take my son, he attracts too many monsters!" I took the baby boy from her arms and gave him to one of the Hunters. She started to get up, but I stopped her. "I have to distract the minotaur! It still thinks I have Percy! If I run, it will follow me." I tried to calm her down. "Don't worry, we took care of the monster." She calmed down a little bit but still looked worried.

"Artemis... I know you do not like boys much, but please do not abandon my baby boy and keep him safe." I figured she could see through the mist and that is how she knew who I was. " I will keep him safe, I promise." She seemed satisfied and started to close her eyes. "Ma'am, you have to keep your eyes open." But I was too late. Her hand went limp in my arms and the boy started crying.

I stood with Percy in my arms and pressed my head to his. "Κάτω από τη θεά Άρτεμις σας δίνω την ευλογία μου. Θα έχετε ισχυρές δεξιότητες επιβίωσης και σεβασμό προς τις γυναίκες." (Under the Goddess Artemis I give you my blessing. You will have strong survival skills and respect towards women.) He began to glow a deep orange. "My lady, what happened?" Hunter Zöe asked me. "I gave him my blessing, he will not survive on his own and I made a promise to Sally to keep him safe."

"We will have to take him to Half-Blood Hill. He will be safe there. He will learn many things he will need to survive." I said

(Time Skip)

"Chiron!" I yelled until a centaur ran out of The Big House and bowed in front of me. "Lady Artemis what an honor to be in your presence again." He looked at the child in my arms and glanced at me. "Yes. He is why I am here Chiron. I would like you to raise him and keep him protected here until he is of age." He looked at me curiously. "Why did you bring a baby boy in my presence?" I suspected this and replied "I made a promise to a dying woman that I would keep him safe, and since we cannot watch over him. I decided to bring him here." Chiron nodded his head. " Very well, I will keep him safe and train him." and with that he went off to find a place to put him.