Chapter 63 Danger Within !!

In August they were home in GC for a visit before Tessa started her final dates of the tour in the U.S Home turf to her, Mariah had said she needed some time at home to sort a few problems out that she had to be present for. Tessa asked if she could do them over Zoom and she said sorry no! So she secretly meets up with Sharon and the girls to tell them she would be staying behind. It's ok relax they said, we've more or less sorted everything out for your final tour date in San Francisco. All you have to do is sort out the stage part of it said Sharon, Ok! Do you think it's mad that I thought of getting married to the love of my life in front of at least 20.000 people? Do you think she'll be happy with that? Of course, she will said Sharon. The way the crowd always chants for you two.  As long as we can do it properly, like how are you going to get into your dress? Well, I always do two encores so I thought I'd have my dresser, etc do my hair and get me in the dress. So was thinking while I do the first encore you get Mariah ready? Or do I get her up on stage for our song and then both get ready and I'll sing More Than A Vow as she comes out? Oh, that sounds lovely said the girls, because if you come out in your dress before that she's going to know. Well ok then, we sort of have a plan. 

I know you are all staying over but have you booked our favorite room already? I have said, Sharon. So Mariah can't do it. They both laughed. I love your daughter Sharon, I know you've always meant to be together since the first moment I saw you together said, Sharon. Well, I have to do New York, Dallas, and Chicago before then. Mariah I think, is going to meet me in Chicago? So while I have her there you should be able to do all the final preparations.  Right, I better get back before she gets back from the office. When do you leave for New York? Err In a couple of days said, Tessa. Ok well, I'll see you in San Francisco next then said Sharon hugging her. Once home Tessa made a lovely pasta dinner for them and the girls, then they had a movie night before she had to leave again. Cassie was on the verge of going back to university. Crystal on the other hand had started to work at Power and was in the studio like her mommy every chance she got. Mariah and Tessa were so proud of them, and how far they had all come. Mariah dropped Tessa off at the airport, not realizing she was being watched. 

Lynsey had watched Mariah for weeks, she knew her whole routine down pat and Crystal's. They both left around the same time every day and came back home every night about ten minutes apart. Perfect thought Lynsey all I have to do now is figure out how to get into the house? And wait! She was determined to get her revenge on the perfect family. She had no idea that they were not married anymore because of her!  Tessa and Mariah talked every night before a gig like they used to. Mariah could not wait to meet her in Chicago, at least we won't be months waiting said, Tessa. Yeah! I suppose but It still feels like too long smiled Mariah. Lynsey worked out she needed to be employed by the security team that took care of the houses. The ones that threw her out in the first place. I'll have to chop my hair off and dye it she thought just in case they recognize me. She couldn't find another way of getting into the house. She also changed her voice. It took her a month before she finally felt confident enough to be detailed to the Newman estate, where Mariah and Tessa's house was and so was Mariah's mom's. She looked up Tessa's tour schedule and worked out that Mariah and the girls would probably be at her last concert in San Francisco, seeing as she'd seen them in all the other parts of the world with her through all the newspaper and magazine articles about them, which just made Lynsey's blood boil.

She also saw Mariah's statement at the hospital when Tessa was in a coma, Lynsey was wishing Tessa would die !! Then Mariah and the girls could be all her's, she knew Mariah loved her really and not Tessa! On her very first morning she walked straight up to Mariah and Crystal, they never even noticed her! She managed through her uniform to get into Mariah's office when she wasn't there of course! She looked to see if there was a plan or anything she could look in? Luckily for her, she found on on the desk, this is easier than I thought she said to herself. She checked no one was about and quickly flicked through it, she found out Mariah was off to Chicago for the 24th and 25th for the weekend, and then she'd written that the whole family was traveling on the 30th for Tessa's final concert on the 31st, great that means everything has to happen on the 29th! She and the girls won't be making that last concert! She put everything as she found it and turned all the CCTV back on as she left.

Mariah was packing for her trip to see Tessa in Chicago for the weekend, Crystal came in Hi love Hi mom are you looking forward to seeing mommy? I m yes it seems ages ago since she left. We definitely don't like being apart all the time she said smiling. Are you ready for this sort of lifestyle if you do what mommy does and tour everywhere? Yeah! I'm really looking forward to it if I get the chance? Oh, you will said Mariah. Mommy says you blow her mind when you sing! Ah well, I have learned from the best. You have indeed. Ok, I'm all done here let's go down and make dinner. She made the girls dinner and while they were eating it there was a knock on the door. Mariah opened it to Lynsey but she did not recognize her one bit. Can I help you? Not sure if we saw an intruder mam, I need to just look around the back. Ok well, I think we would have seen someone said, Mariah. As you can see we have it pretty well lit at night. Ok, mam well thanks for letting me check. Oh, that's fine. Mariah came back in worried. What's up? She told the girls to stay with Sharon until she got back. Ok, mom no problem. The next day she left to see Tessa and the girls did what they were told and moved into Grandma's for the weekend. 

Which gave Lynsey time to have a good look around and find out how she was going to pull this off? She knew Cassie went back to uni on Mondays and came home just for the weekends. But next week she'd be home on Thursday if they were all flying out on Friday? I can get Crystal and Mariah and then she'd walk in. Perfect! Tessa had laid on a lovely romantic weekend they had a spa day, and she had laid on flowers, chocolates, and champagne. I could get used to this said Mariah lying in the bed after making love all afternoon. Your wish is my command laughed Tessa. It's a shame I have to leave tonight said, Mariah. Yeah! It is but thinks of it as the final hurdle in the race, I just have San Fran at the end of this week, with you the girls, and your mom attending and then that's it! I can become a housewife again. They both laughed. I'm looking forward to it said Mariah. I asked Crystal if she was ready for all of this, traveling not seeing people, etc. She can't wait to have the opportunity to get started! She is definitely her mommy's twin. Mariah smiled. I can honestly say the same about Cassie, she is the spit of you. She has dogged determination.

I think we've been very lucky to have them in our lives and for them to turn out so good said Tessa I agree said, Mariah. Tessa took her to the airport gave her a massive kiss and sent her back to GC, see you next weekend, Love you too. As the week went on Lynsey was getting more and more agitated, she was going over and over the plan in her head. First, she'd get hold of Crystal and then wait for Mariah. Mariah had organized for Cassie to get back from school on Friday morning so that by midday they would head to the airport and be in San Francisco at about 3pm local time. They would just about see Tessa before she had to head for the concert. It's a shame she couldn't book their normal room but someone had already booked it! She was sad about that. Her mom was meeting Cassie at the airport and they would all meet at the gate. Lynsey had managed to get out of the sight of the CCTV and then turned it off. She was now in the house ready to pounce. She had the plastic ties ready in her pocket to tie them up.