Chapter 78 Mom and Mommy

Crystal was talking to Sophie in the car driving to Chancellor Park. How do you know she'll be here? said Sophie It's mommy's safe place said, Crystal. She always came here when she needed to think and I'm hoping that's still the case! Cassie asked Jo to make some coffee and then bring it out to her and her mom. You ok ? said Jo kissing her. Yeah !! I just need to figure out how I'm going to get her. She pointed at her mom. See sense and let me help her through all of this. I mean she's always been superhuman to me. You definitely take after your mom said Jo smiling. I don't know how to take that? Smiled Cassie. Well, nothing stops you your not a workaholic, but you have come close. I think your mom finds it very hard to delegate, it is her business after all. Do you mean, because it's her baby it's hard for her to let someone else run it? Yeah, something like that. I know you're going to give it back to her, but maybe your mom thinks that once she lets go she'll never be in charge again. That's a brilliant synopsis thankyou. Cassie kissed her wife and went to her mom.

Crystal parked up and pointed to a car, see she said to Sophie. What are you going to say? asked Sophie. I have no idea at this point, all I know is I hope Cassie and I can get through to them both. We don't want them breaking up again! They broke up? Yeah! A long time ago now, it was all over a stupid woman, whose mom grew up with. She was pigheaded over it and it upset my mommy very much and she saw no way out other than divorce my mom. Woah! said Sophie That's mad! Yes, it was at the time, mom saw sense in the end but it was the day after they left the courthouse. It took them sixteen months to get back together. Come on let's see if we can find her. They got out of the car Crystal held her wife's hand and kissed her. What was that for ? said Sophie You are the best! Smiled at Crystal. Plus to say thanks for being here with me. I must admit I wasn't expecting my moms to fall out on day one! They both laughed.

Cassie sat down next to her mom. Mariah had walked down to the boathouse and was looking over the water in deep thought. Are you ok? Cassie made her jump. Yeah, I guess so! I'm sorry this happened on your first day here. "Mom" Cassie held her hand. Crystal and I have been on at mommy to allow us to come, she's not putting us against you! She needs our support as much as you do. What do you mean? Well, mommy can't talk to you about her concerns about the treatment. How she was scared to touch you and what the long-term forecast might be. She's frightened that she might lose you more than anything, and it scares the bejesus out of her. So she's been talking to us and grandma. Really? Yes, mom. And all she's trying to do is take some of the pressure off you. She thinks you're dealing with enough. Jo turned up with the coffee at this point. Am I interrupting? No! No! said Mariah Are you in agreement with Cassie, that Tessa is only trying to do what's right for me? Hundred percent said Jo. Look we all know you are reluctant to let Cassie take over, but she will only be doing it while you get back to full fitness. Tessa is worried that you are overdoing things will lead to you having to recover longer or maybe not at all.

Where's Crystal? Mariah asked. She and Sophie have gone after mommy said, Cassie. Oh ok! So let me talk to you about me letting go a bit. smiled Mariah. Ok mom I'm all ears and let me just say I will not shut you out, I will discuss anything I think you need to know. Ok said Mariah You've convinced me. Let's hope I can apologize to your mom and she forgives me? I'm sure everything will be fine said, Cassie. Mariah turned to Jo and said, sorry you've been thrown into all of this. Is there any news they have found Tessa yet? No said, Jo. Can I ask where they have gone to try and find her? I think it's a place called Chancellor Park. Oh right well tell them to check Crimson Lights as well. Ok well, they found her car parked at the park. Yeah, but she can walk to it from there said, Mariah. Oh ok! I'll message them now, she kissed Cassie and said I'll leave you both to it. She left and walked back to the house.

At the park, Crystal and Sophie walked around and still hadn't found Tessa. Just then they got a message from Jo saying about Crimson. Oh of course! Said, Crystal. What ? said Sophie I forgot you can walk to Crimson Lights through the park. Do you mean your grandma's place? Yeah! Let's go. Once there it was quite busy, but Crystal saw no sign of her mommy. Her grandma was serving and waved to them. The girls went and sat down. Sharon came over once the queue had died down. Hi girls! What can I get you? Err! We can have a quick cup said, Sophie. Ok, what's up? said Sharon. Our moms had a blazing row after you left after lunch, we were all clearing up and we could hear them having a heated argument, about mom accusing mommy of getting us here to gang up on her. Oh my god! She and her pigheadedness said, Sharon. 

In fact, your mommy came in earlier. I didn't realize there was anything wrong! Did she say anything while she was here? Like what her plan was? No! said Sharon Sorry. Let me get your coffees and have a think. When Sharon came back she had put their coffees in takeout cups! Are we going somewhere? Crystal inquired. Yes! I have an Idea smiled Sharon. Go to the condo! Oh jeez, why didn't I think of there? said Crystal Err condo? asked Sophie. It's mommy's old place, she hung onto it when they moved into the house because she loves making music on the fire escape there. Why did she park her car at the park though? Well, the condo and grandma's are all within easy reach. I guess she wanted to think. so she had a walk ended up here and then went onto the condo. Fingers crossed she's there. Crystal sent Cassie an update about still not finding their mommy, but they think they're on the right track after seeing grandma at the coffee house and she suggested the condo.

Oh, that's brilliant! was Cassie's reply. She also told her she'd managed to have a chat with mom about her taking on the business. Which made Crystal smile. All I have to do now is talk to mommy and find her she thought. She and Sophie said their goodbyes to Sharon and left for the condo. On arrival, Crystal knew they were in the right place. She could hear her mommy's wonderful voice flooding the air. Knocking on the door, she hoped her mommy would open it? Because they had tried her phone and it was switched off! She banged on the door a little harder thinking the knocking was getting drowned out by the music. Eventually, after multiple tries, Tessa finally heard it and came to the door. She opened it to Crystal and Sophie with tears in her eyes. Hey said Crystal Can we come in? Sure said Tessa standing out of their way. Once inside Crystal said You've been hard to find! I'd forgotten all about this place until grandma reminded me. You went, to the coffee house? Crystal and Sophie held up their cups. Yep! Tessa smiled Sharon always knew where I'd go. Tessa got them to sit down, I guess you're here because I walked out on your mom? Something like that said Crystal. Are you ok? asked Sophie Nice of you to ask said, Tessa. I guess I am! It's been really hard watching Mariah go through all of this and not being able to do much. Mommy you have done everything possible said Crystal Give yourself more credit. 

Mom is very pigheaded I'm surprised you got this far, to be honest. So am I Tessa smiled. Look would you like me to leave? asked Sophie so she can talk properly. No! They both said Jinx they both said and laughed. Look I know what your mom is like by now! I just want her to start realizing before we go into this final week that she's starting to get tired, and I want her to have all her strength concentrated on her. fighting the cancer. That's why I want Cassie to take more of the business over so she knows it's in good hands. I was hoping it would give her peace of mind but all I did was fire her up. She thinks I'm trying to take everything away from her. But I'm really not. I'm just scared she's going to lose this fight while she's worried about everything else. Awe Mommy! If we have anything to do with it she's going to be fighting. I had a text from Cassie earlier. She and Jo have had a chat with her about handing over some of the reins. Has she? Did your mom agree with it all? I think so said Crystal smiling. Good said, Tessa. 

Are you coming home? Is it ok if I stay here for a while? I promise I'll be home for dinner she smiled. Ok! Is there anything you'd like us to do when we get back? Sure you could prep the dinner. How about if we all just make something? said Sophie We'll go by Crimson again and get your grandma to come after work. Great Idea said Crystal giving her a peck on the cheek. When they got home. Mariah fired questions about why Tessa wasn't with the? Crystal told her she'd be home for dinner and they were to come up with something and they had also invited grandma to come. Mariah went to leave. Where are you going? the girls asked. To the condo! she smiled When she'd left the girls got the wine out and toasted to Mom and Mommy's fingers crossed everything works out.