Chapter 25

Camila's POV

I used to hate writing, just the mere thought of it sent my brain into an immediate shut down default setting that had no escape button in sight, I enjoyed it now though? Used it as a means of expressing how I felt as I struggled often to be honest verbally.. people used to laugh when I'd read.. teachers scold me for misspelt words and grammatical errors.. dyslexia is complicated I know but I don't think anyone quite realises that when you lack in what others find almost as easy as breathing you feel nothing but wildly stupid.. insignificant and tragic..

I sat exercising my new found love at the slick gentle grey countertop within the centre of the large open plan kitchen, our little get away blissful but also powerful in forcing me to reflect upon my life? I'd been thinking about my dad a lot recently and even dreaming of his face like he was stood right in front of me.. it hurt yes, but Lauren made it a little less scary.. I used my diary to write to him.. I know he can't technically read it but I always imagine he can, it helps?

After what had felt like hours Lauren peered from behind the bedroom door with her thick black hair tumbling over her half dressed shoulder and arm, messy waves and pristine brows a pretty attractive sight to see upon first glance even if she had only just woken up

"What are you writing?"

She asked under a low grumbling morning rasp as she slid her ivory palm across her tired eyes to walk towards me with a lazy slumping chin upon my relaxed shoulder

"Just stuff.. nothing important!"

I explained, my hand already covering the words before she'd even came close to my side attempting to hide my raw private vulnerability from her emerald orbs, it wasn't anything to do with trust or fear of judgment more so my personal need to have a conversation I knew in my heart I couldn't have in person..

"Well whatever just stuff is, I'm glad you're actually writing without a gun held to your head"

She smirked planting a kiss upon my cheek before filtering back towards the fridge for a half asleep curious exploration

"It's kind of relaxing actually, as much as I hate to admit it.. you really have changed me"

"I tend to have that effect on people! Never normally a positive thing though?"

She laughed, I loved her laugh in the mornings, deep raspy lashes against her vocal chords enough to send anyone into a spiralling outburst as I glanced back down into the half written page of text just running my thumb over the dried ink

"I'm sure over the years a few English students have changed their ways for you.. I mean even if you never gave me a second look I'd probably still have bucked my shit up.."

"You know I'm not just an English teacher? I'm a multifaceted specialist.. whatever the schools I go to need I teach.."

Of course.. I'd be dumb to think someone as intelligent as her would only be into one subject.. the conversation however reminding me of the after graduation question I had for more than a few weeks now, I brushed it off assuming she'd tell me or at least advise me on her plans but so far nothing! I turned in the swirling chair glancing across at her now sipping back on a cold glass of water unfocused on anything but the tasteless substance passing through her lips

"Speaking of.. you said after I graduate you're transferring right? Is it local? I mean it doesn't matter because I won't be in education but you never actually told me"

Immediately I noticed her back straighten as she swallowed harshly with a rippling tense throat, the glass in her hand now placed down beside with a look of blushing worry travelling across her plump lips.. even I knew that wasn't a look of content..