Chapter 9: Faithful

TW: Flip has a PTSD episode when he sees blood.

A/N: Thank you for being patient with me as I work on getting new chapters out for this story. I've had a lot going on behind the scenes, and a ton of work stress. Depression and anxiety have hit me hard and while my stories have been a fabulous escape, sometimes I'm just so drained. I will absolutely finish this story and the other two, so no worries there. Things are getting better, day by day, and I'm working on switching professions so I can have more time to take care of myself. Thank you for reading, leaving comments, and likes along the way. Special thanks to my girl, Rachel, for always being so encouraging and supportive. Thank you to Kim for the awesome Adam gift and sweet card. I feel like I have a family here and it definitely lifts my spirits. Sending you all my love! - Nicole

Have to share something... I am over the moon with this artwork! Maggie Andrews (lambic_and_lace on TikTok) created this beautiful piece of Flip and YN. It's made me smile more in the last 24 hours than I have all month. Look at the ring!! Ugh...

 Look at the ring!! Ugh

****************************************

Flip's palms were sweaty as he stroked your leg up and down nervously while you both sat in your coach seats, waiting for the plane to take off.

"I never knew you hated flying so much," you mentioned, grasping his hand to calm him.

"I'd be fine if I could just smoke a damn cigarette,"  Flip took in a deep inhale through his nose as the plane approached the runaway. He peeked over you and out the window as he reached into his pocket for some gum to ease his oral fixation.

"No worries, baby. We can always get you a drink once we're up in the air. Maybe a rum and coke?" you suggested, pulling out the menu from the seat pocket in front of you.

Flip smirked. "I wish I could, but mom will smell it on me right away and I won't hear the end of it." Flip's started tapping his foot, anticipating the stress of lift-off.

You were both flying into Denver for the weekend so that you could meet his mother and sister for the first time. It was important for you both to meet each other's parents before the wedding as opposed to during to minimize any awkwardness.