20 - Think About You

*July 5*

"Why exactly am I here again?" Jack asked, scratching the back of his neck as he wrinkled his nose at the antique caramel cabinets that were so twenty years ago.

Rian rolled his eyes, flashing his bleach white smile as he slung an arm around his fiancé’s shoulders, responding, "'Cause this isn't exactly our area of expertise and me and Cass both decided something like your apartment would be nice. So we're using you for your style."

Cassadee giggled, poking her partner's side as she sarcastically said, "Ri, could you have possibly put that in a more degrading way?"

Jack just shook his head, leaving the couple to flirt and do whatever the fuck normal happy couples do as he wandered down the hallway of the latest apartment of their search.

Rian and Cassadee had decided that moving in together would be the first thing to be resolved on their list of wedding preparations. Apparently doing it before rather than after getting married would make things easier, as well as provide a wedding planning base.

That, and they just wanted to be around each other twenty-four/seven, as soon as possible. 

As Jack was eyeing the piss yellow crown molding above his head with disgust, his phone buzzed. The man leaned against the wall, temporarily ceasing to criticize the tasteless apartment as he tugged his phone out of his pocket.

Hey, you should come over in a couple hours ;)

The tall man laughed to himself, knowing fully well that their search for a fitting residence would last well into the night. As if Jack wasn't picky enough himself, Cassadee was the dictionary definition of a perfectionist. They'd be lucky finding something that day, before nighttime being almost an impossibility. 

Of course, he'd love to go fuck Alex. That was an undisputable fact. But there was always tomorrow, and his dick could survive without attention for another twelve hours. 

No can do, he replied simply, phone falling back into its previous place as Jack spun around and went to proclaim the apartment worthless to the couple he left out front.

"This stove looks like it's from the eighteen hundreds," the dark haired man heard as he approached the kitchen, Cass’s high voice complaining. 

"So does the rest of the apartment, we should move on." he declared, leaning on the doorframe as Rian almost tripped over himself with surprise at the new voice. 

The buzz cut man scowled, smoothing out his shirt in what was probably some attempt to look dignified as he nodded.

Jack's pocket buzzed again as his friend recomposed himself, the dark haired man retrieving his phone once more with a curious eyebrow raised. He thought his and Alex’s conversation was over.

What is it that you'd rather do than me? 

Jack couldn’t help the grin that split his face with that, because, well, there wasn’t much that would fall into that category. And Alex was adorably cocky.

“What are you smiling at over there?” Cass called, striding over to her fiancé’s side as her eyes flickered between Jack and his phone.

Rian shook his head, slinging his arm around her waist – Jack suspected that he might pass out if he didn’t maintain physical contact with the woman at all times – as he said, “I don’t think you wanna know, babe. He’s probably sexting somebody.”

“Am not,” Jack muttered, less than focused on his friends as he tapped out a reply of, Apartment hunting for my best friend and his girl. Rather be with you, but can’t.