S1E2

Usually the papaya smoothies would be saved for when someone was feeling sad or to celebrate, but after football and volleyball practice, Vavara and JJ drove to the diner to pick up milkshakes for themselves and went to his house to stargaze in his jacuzzi.

"You're telling me that's not the Big Dipper?" JJ asked and Vee snorted. "Mi amor, that's the North Star." JJ took a sip out of his milkshake and looked up at the sky with his head tilted. "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I downloaded a stargazing app. Mira."

Vavara shifted closer to JJ, basically just throwing her leg over his knee since she was already leaning against him, and put her milkshake behind her so she could hold her phone up to the sky. "See, this one is the North Star. That one's the Big Dipper." Vee slowly moved the phone across the sky and JJ noticed that all the zodiacs were named on the screen.

"That one's yours." He pointed out, stopping her movements so only taurus was on the screen. "Oh, I wanna find mine." JJ Took the phone from her hands, and she just shrugged before reaching behind her to grab her milkshake. If she would've known that stargazing was a good way to keep him quiet and calm, she would've done it along time ago. JJ spent a good 10 minutes fascinated at the sky, and even with the music in the background playing, Vavara turned to him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"There's stars in the ground? That doesn't make sense. Babe, I think your phone's broken." "Then we can put the phone away and you can actually pay attention to me." Vavara started getting upset that all of his attention was going to her phone and the sky, so once she put the phone away, she threw her other leg over his lap so she was straddling him. "I do pay attention to you. I got hit in the head at practice because I was thinking about you, just ask the guys."

"I was talking about right now, but that's good to know." The two sat in a comfortable silence, with the exception of the music they had playing from a speaker.

Vavara was absentmindedly playing with the hair on the back of his neck, and JJ's hands were roaming from her back to her thighs. "You're so pretty, I love you." JJ leaned in to kiss her before she could respond, and then pulled away with a gasp. "We should get a puppy. It could be our child." "Aren't we too young for children?" Vavara teased. "That's why we get an animal baby first so we know how to take care of a real baby." JJ said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"And the animal shelter you work at is filled with dogs, and they're so lonely." "We can get a puppy later, JJ." Pleased with her answer, JJ leaned back in to kiss her, and pulled her closer to him by simply pulling her hips against his lap and he could now feel everything.

He groaned into their kiss, and then pulled away again to ask another question. "You're still on birth control, right?"

× × ×

Jordan was having a little get-together with the group in his backyard, and everyone was either swimming or tanning. At some point, Vavara started getting tired of swimming and the sun so her and Olivia were working on their friendship bracelets at a table in the shade.

"Liv, do you think this will fit your wrist?" Olivia took a pause from the bracelet she was making to look up at Vavara, and held one of her arms out so Vee could check if it would wrap around. "It fits, lemme tie it off." By then, she was completely dried off she was pretty warm considering she was in the sun for about two hours.

So when JJ came over, soaking wet, and decided to fall on her, she let out a shiver. "Can I get a bracelet too? I'm in this friendship." Vavara was going to object and say something along the lines of her and Olivia have been best friends since first grade, but then Olivia asked him what colors he wanted. Olivia handed JJ the little container with all the string colors, and he took his time deciding which ones he wanted. "Will it take long to make?"

"No, this one only took me like 30 minutes." Olivia answered. "Oh, good." Without another word, JJ scooped Vavara up off of the lounge chair and took them both over to the pool where he proceeded to jump in with her still in his arms. "JJ, it's cold!" She scolded with a giggle. "I can warm you up." He smirked. Vavara squinted her eyes at him and then broke out of his arms to swim away. "No, I'm mad at you." Knowing that she would most likely be back in a couple of minutes, JJ just chuckled and climbed out of the pool to sit beside jordan and Asher. For some reason, they were mad dogging Spencer. "He's getting a little bit too comfortable." JJ looked at both of them completely confused and waited for them to give some sort of background context. "Dude, he's flirting with your girlfriend right now." That had JJ looking to see what Asher was talking about, JJ looked for Vavara, and eventually found her. She was standing on the steps about to get out, but stopping to talk to Spencer and Layla. "They're just having a conversation. And besides theyre old friends."

"Why are you not bothered by that? He's been flirting with the girls here ever since he got here." "Why should I be? I mean, I trust my girlfriend." JJ shrugged. "You should really work on the trust issues in your relationship, bro." Without another word, JJ left the two and went to go wait by Olivia since he knew that's where Vavara would return to. "JJ, you're in my seat." Vee stood in front of him with her arms crossed and leaning on one leg. "You can sit right here." JJ patted the empty spot between his legs, and once he realized that she wasn't going to sit, he grabbed her waist and placed her down in front of him. Since she was only a foot away from them, Olivia looked up from JJ's bracelet and tilted her head.

Vavara had to adjust herself and once she was situated, she leaned against JJ's chest. "You guys are so cute." Olivia said. "Blech! It makes me sick." "You want a kiss too?" Olivia quickly shook her head rapidly, but that didn't stop Vavara from smiling and quickly leaning over to grab Olivia's face and kiss her cheek while she tried to get away. "You're welcome."