S1E1

VAVARA left her room hearing the front door open and close. She playfully rolled her eyes as heard her mom yell happily, disregarding it being 8 in da morning.

"JJ, mijo is that you?" Acacia yelled. "Yes it is ma." Vavara heard her sister say above her, "I'm starting to think she loves him more than us. And I'm okay with that."

"Right?" The older girl said quietly as they descended the stairs, entering the foyer.

"Vee, your handsome ball player is here!" "I can see him mom." B said as she laughed at her mom before kissing her boyfriend. "Here are your lunches. I made tamales for you both. Here's extra for that handsome hunk, Jor-dawn and his sister Hoalivia." She said smiling as she handed her daughter a large ziploc bag along with their lunch boxes.

"Their names are Olivia and Jordan máma. And I'll give it to them, at lunch. Bye love you." The small girl said as JJ grabbed her gym bag so she could kiss her mother's cheek. "Have a good day, Acacia. See you for dinner."

From the moment JJ and Varvara began to date, the blonde boy had become apart of their family, even if, every now and again her dad would throw a shady look to JJ, still not liking the idea of any boy being with his babygirl, it wasn't un-natural or strange when he walked into their home. I mean he did have his own key after all. It was practically his house too.

It also wasn't out of the ordinary, to hear his voice upstairs or in their kitchen, neither was it unusual to see him chilling in their jacuzzi or pool, or even in the pool room. Or to hear him in the backyard, jumping on the trampoline with Meni, Juanita or screaming at the screen, watching the game with Matty. Or to see him traveling around the house, in his boxers.

His parents travel a ton for work conferences, meetings and to meet their clients around the world. His mother is a esteemed wedding planner, while his father is a realtor. So they were hardly ever home, and he didn't have any siblings, but he a second family, so he was never alone. And he was eternally grateful that Varvara's family loved him, just as much as they did, each other.

As much as Acacia and Sebastian supported their own children, they also had mad support for JJ. Even with working their own hectic jobs, and taking care of their own kids, they went to every single game, performance, competition, etc.

Vee's older siblings thought he was good for her and could tell his feelings for her were genuine and pure. Meni sometimes turned to him if she was having boy trouble and Matty liked having someone to play basketball and fortnite with.

JJ's parents weren't absent or neglectful, they talked to him every single day, and they were home whenever JJ called. Even when they come home for time off spent every minute with him. They just couldn't exactly wrangle their careers from the comfort of their homes.

✧ ✧ ✧

About a month into the new school year, Beverly had already had their first games of the season, which they unfortunately lost by two touchdowns. JJ was pretty bummed about it, seeing as all they've seemed to be doing is losing. That and the fact that now Coach Baker was now going to make them do two-a-days.

To cheer him up, your girl Vee took him to their favorite café for burgers and milkshakes and they went to eat on the beach.

TIME SKIP

"Have you guys met the new kid yet?" JJ asked during their lunch. This time, Vavaara is in between his legs while he was sitting on the cement stairs by some grass and concrete.