Chapter Two-The Fog of Antonio Bay-1981

The MAIN TITLES of John Carpenter's "The Fog", 1980; and Carpenter's iconic Main Theme of the movie, right in the media section.

Warning: It is rated Mature for horror themes, supernatural horror.

You must be 15 years and over to see and hear it.

SECTION TWO

Roach sipped his coffee.

He seemed to desire a fate worse than death.

His gloves were warm; his eyes was focused on the Lighthouse. Because Stevie Wayne and Andy was gone from Antonio Bay; because Kathy Williams, and her assistant, Sandy Fadel, also left, (or was killed), hurt the town; because Father Malone, hitchhiker, Elizabeth Stolley, 21, and her 37 year old boyfriend, Nick Castle, dreamed of going to Vancouver, Canada...and suffered at the hands of the revenge-filled ghosts...was the true reason why the curse took it's eventful toll; Dan O'Bannon, Stevie's radio co-host, suffered as well; and Tommy Wallace, a bearded fisherman, was killed on board the Sea Horn ship, off the Antonio Bay seas, (with his crew), was the main point of crisis which ruined the town.

***

Karl Franchini, a mariner, shivered.

In the light of the burning campfire, the children awaited eagerly for the story.

His blue colored sailor's seat wasn't crooked; his grey colored beard blew in the southerly wind. His blue coat kept him warm; his grey trousers was new; his black socks, as well as black shoes, and grey Rolex watch on his right middle hand, drifted to the edge of the campfire.

His hazel eyes flickered in the gloom.

"In the bright light of the broken shore, Mister Machen once told ghost stories. In 1945, a sea man reported a UFO in the area off Antonia Bay. He knew Colonel Jeff Harson, USAF. They saw no other activity for months. Then, by January 1947, the UFO's got attention because of the New Mexico scare in the secret place in the Nevada desert, termed 'Area 51'. Yet, after the Communist threat of the 1950's was over, the Bay returned to normal...

..."By 1958, a fog arrived. It was black. And red. And burned the ocean's waters. The supernatural phenomena was photographed by Edwin Holder, Jr., a local from Antonia Bay. He was quoted thus: 'In my aviation and maritime experience...the fog is not something normal; it is evil. There's no rhyme, nor reason, for it; there's been a %66 percent rise in accidents along the coastline; there's a surge of freezing water, mixed with rotten seaweed. And the danger of ships, (small, medium, and large), coming to grief on the sheared rocks...should be addressed to the Antonio Bay Maritime Association...and tell Admiral John R. Young, Sr., 67, of the danger'. And, for a time...up to 1979, the fog was gone...And no one was more happier than Kathy Williams was...

..."Then, in 1980, on the centenary of the 1880 accident of The Elizabeth Danewas a pivotal point of no return...And, unfortunately, a lot of people died; good peopleAnd now, one year later, there's talk of another scary fog here at Antonio Bay...And this time, we're going to be ready. Now, it's late children...Good night!".

And the children left the campfire...just as the loud booming of thunder and lightning...blazed around the cursed town's sky in a massive foggy mist...near the ancient Lighthouse.

***

Sherman Rogers, 21, stared at the fog.

He grabbed the butcher knife, then waited.

The deadly mist glowed a black color...then it became freezing. He was prepared for the knocking; he was prepared to survive.

The red eyes of the sinister ghostly seaman was seen through the small keyhole; the sharp blade of the butcher knife gleamed, as Sherman stabbed at the ghost.

The seaman backed away...

...The smashed a window with its rotten right hands.

Sherman fled.

***

If he had any contact with the ghost, in any way...he'd be frozen, too. And that was what it wanted; it wanted to more death to come to Antonio Bay.

***

Sherman heard the loud smashing down of the doors.

And he ignored the ghost.

***

Outside, in the dim dark docks, was the Lighthouse. Its huge light illumed Antonio Bay; its distress beacon wasn't turned ON.

Sherman ran to the bottom, where the bottom of the Lighthouse was. He ran until he knew that the last hour of light hovered over Antonio Bay.

And, once he knew where the key was, he picked it up from underneath the green colored pot plant, and went inside.

***

Notes:

1 Actor Tom Atkins plays Nick Castle in 'The Fog'; Atkins stared in 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch', 1982; and 'Maniac cop', 1988.

2 Actor Charles Cyphers plays Dan O' Bannon; O'Bannon and Carpenter made 'Dark Star' in 1968, then made it into a full lenghth movie in 1974; O'Bannon wrote 'Alien', 1979, and the 1981 Zombie classic, 'Dead and Buried'. His only directing job was 1985's 'Return of the Living Dead', another Zombie movie.

Cyphers was in other Carpenter movies like 'Assault on Precinct 13', 1976; 'Halloween', 1978; and 'Halloween II', 1981.

3 Actor George 'Buck' Flower plays Tommy Lee Wallace; Wallace was "Production Designer" on 'Halloween', 1978; and editor of the movie. He was a ghost in 'The Fog', 1980; and wrote 'Amityville II: The Possession', 1982, the prequel to 1979's notorious haunted house movie 'The Amityville Horror', before writing and directing 'Halloween III', after England's Nigel Kneale's script fell through. Wallace co-wrote and directed the three hour made for television version of 'Stephen King's IT', 1990.

Page 3.