A Change is Gonna Come

Steven

It's been forever since I've seen Lainey. And in all honesty, I haven't stopped thinking about her. There's something there between her and me, and I'm not quite sure what it is. But it's a feeling that gives me butterflies and makes me unable to think straight. And I think I like it.

So I led her down the hallway, into an empty room, and shut the door softly behind me, beckoning her to join me on the couch. She did so hesitantly, seeming nervous almost.

Before I realized what was happening, I blurted, "To be completely honest with you, I haven't stopped thinking about you."

She blinked, blushing and looking down at her leather boots. I nervously chew on the inside of my lip, worrying that I may have said the wrong thing. But when her eyes flit up to meet mine, she says without hesitation, "Me, too."

My mouth gapes slightly, until I catch up with my mind and mutter, "You have?"

She smiles shyly. "Yeah. I've been thinking about your offer, too."

My eyebrows furrow together; I'm trying to remember my offer to her. In shock, I exclaim, "To join me on tour?"

She blushes again. "Yeah. Is it still open?"

Hell to the fucking yeah it's still open! It was difficult to manage my excitement, but I managed. "Yeah, it is," I say.

"Really?" she asks, sounding excited.

I stare at her, my eyes going back and forth, unable to decide which of her eyes to focus on–one in slightly lighter in color than the other, I've only just noticed. I'm not really sure how long I was doing this for. But I never really answered her question: instead, in one swift motion, I took her chin between my thumb and forefinger and pressed my lips to hers softly.

She was taken aback, to say the least, but she was smiling again. I kissed her again, not as softly this time, and she kissed me back, trying not to grin too much.

This honestly couldn't be any more perfect.

--

Lainey

So yes, I agreed to join Steven on tour as his girlfriend. And believe it or not, the whole dropping-everything-and-completely-changing-my-life thing was going really well. I felt better than ever. It was so much fun traveling around the country with Aerosmith. It was surreal, almost. I mean, this is my favorite band, and all of a sudden I'm dating the lead singer and touring with the band? Crazy! I became closer with the other members of the band as the weeks went on. Every night after a show was better than the last, if you know what I mean.

Really, I couldn't be more happy.

And then, when touring ended, we had been together for a long enough amount of time that I spent every night at his house. But I guess that's kind of irrelevant because we'd spent basically every night together since day one.

Looking back, to the first morning after they had finished touring, Steven turned to face me with a smile dancing in his face:

"What?" I had asked, grinning slightly.

"You're just frickin' gorgeous," he stated, kissing my nose. "Inside and out."

I smiled when he brushed the hair back from my face. "You know something?"

"What," Steven asked, grinning, continuing to stroke my hair back.

"We've been together all this time, but I don't really know anything about you."