Part 5

Loki tugged at the front of his leather tunic, stifled by the material. He knew this...thing was designed with him in mind, and he'd played his part accordingly, not finding it difficult to charm the important members of Midgardian society. He'd gained favour with the Grandmaster on Sakaar, had manipulated races into battle on his behalf.

This was important though, to Thor, to his people, and ultimately... his gaze turned to Stark on the floor, champagne flute in hand, looking rather delectable in a forest green shirt, bringing out the bronze of his skin, the gleam in his eye.

He shifted from foot to foot, subtly adjusting himself. He didn't think Stark was aware what wearing Loki's colour meant, the claim that Asgardians could perceive Loki to have on the mortal, but it did things to him. Fanned the flames of his lust to higher peaks.

He'd tried, several times to seduce the mortal, finding himself thwarted every time. He couldn't remember the last time he'd worked so hard in seducing a being.

Perhaps that was why the feelings of lust were turning more into heartfelt feelings of passion. Stark caught his gaze and he smiled, lifting his glass up in salute. Loki smiled back, lifting his own in acknowledgement.

Stark trusted him. It was a wondrous thing indeed, to have someone in existence who held him in such regard, especially one who feared magic. Loki wanted to tear whoever hurt Stark to pieces, the violation of his mind a feeling Loki knew.

Yet, Stark had allowed him to teleport him.

Thor came to stand beside him on the raised dais, looking down at the Midgardians interacting with their own people, laughter, dancing, shared stories. It truly was a breath-taking spectacle, reminiscent of their younger days in Asgard.

The main hall glimmered with gold light, casting shadows on statues sculpted by Asgardian artisans, showing their ancestors, Thor and Loki's father. Dancers glided across the floor, many doing no more than what Stark had taught him, turning in elegant circles.

Of course Loki could dance. He'd taken an interest in Midgardian culture ever since Stark had been with them. Their dance was not hard to emulate, none of them were, but he'd intended to seduce Stark that night, instead coming away with the desire to simply hold him in his arms as he had done for the dance.

Nothing more.

'See brother, I knew it would all work out. Asgard is restored.' Thor thumped Loki on the back, making him step forward a few paces to retain his dignity and stay upright.

'Indeed, but I believe a lot of this is down to Stark. He has created our energy source, so we are no longer dependant on Midgardian hospitality. This lavish affair to convince his people I am reformed.'

'You forget the generous donations he has offered in your name to charities. I believe that has done more than this lavish affair.' Thor drunk from his tankard, smiling brightly at a pretty pair of Midgardian females approaching in scantily clad garments.

Keeping his eye-rolling to himself, Loki scanned the crowds again, his gaze inevitably finding Stark. Resentment gripped him by the throat as he watched Strange approach the mortal, Stark relaxing in his presence, his beaming smile slipping from his face and a more genuine one taking its place.

'It seems to be my fate in life to covet things already possessed by others.'

'Tony is free to love. He is not committed to another. You squander your chance brother.'

Loki spun on his heel, taking a few steps back from his brother, unaware his whispered words had been heard.

'I...I mean... that is to say.'