Two times an asshole

Sam and Wade trudged over the washed-out road and rounded a bin.

"damn... now I feel like a real asshole" Sam said once the full town came into view

"I don't care. That guy was a freak" Wade responded glad that they had gotten away from the man.

"like the good ole days" Wade commented

"what, not being able to drive so we had to walk" Sam joked

"nah, you and me hangin' out" Sam laughed

"I wouldn't call this hanging out, if I recall hangin' out always involved a bb gun and tin cans" Wade joined in her laughter.

While Sam and Wade were having a grand ole time the others were not so lucky. Carly had been stuck between her brother and Dalton the entire way and while there was definitely more room in Blakes car than Sam's she still wasn't happy.

The entire ride had been filled with honking horns, they hadn't moved in who knows how long, Carly was beginning to wish she went with Sam. At least maybe they could have some quality alone time, where she could make Sam, fulfill her promise this morning.

"dude, its over" Nick mumbled as his head was stuck out of the window, Dalton was on the other side doing the exact same.

"it'll move" Blake insisted poking his head out of the window. Paige sat up front with her head in her hands just a bored as Carly was. The two of them shared a look before Paige tried to talk Blake out of the game.

"it's not moving" Blake looked at the clock before responding

"look we'll make it to the second half"

"I'm not sitting in this traffic" Nick complained voicing everyone's thoughts

"what do you want me to do?"
"we have to go back " Carly insisted

"Sam and Wade are probably back by now" Dalton added

"I'm not missing the best game of the year"

"turn around" the group began to argue trying to convince Blake to turn the car around.

Meanwhile Sam and Wade were still looking for the gas station. Sam was walking slightly faster than Wade.

"slow down speedy, god" Wade joked as he took a few long strides to meet Sam's pace, Sam in return laughed at him while brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"Miss Ambrose" Wade commented looking at a poster for a beauty pageant "wonder how many teeth you need to win that"

The two continued on their journey Sam got sight of a pet store and dragged Wade over to look at the puppies.

"oh, Wade look there's a pet Store" she said excitedly, Wade indulges Sam, not wanting to spoil her mood.

"oh, great" the two looked at the sleeping puppies curled up

"they're cute. Adorable maybe next time." Wade urged Sam away " we gotta fix your car so we can leave" he didn't want to get back to Carly but a car ride just the two of them joking like they used to.

"yeah I know" she replied as she followed him. The two approached the gas station, they heard music playing but saw no one. Each looked into separate windows before Sam opened the door to call out for someone. After a few seconds she got no answer, so she turned to face Wade.

"See anybody?" Sam asked

"no, nobody" just as wade answered Sam's phone ringed, she picked it up and smiled at the number. Walking away slightly she answered the phone.