23: Epilogue

Billie's POV

It's been exactly one month since Aubrey killed herself in our front yard. Every day when I look at that bed, I realize that I'll never be able to cuddle with her again. I won't be able to hug her, to feel her lips upon mine, to hear her say "I love you" again. It's all over. She's gone.

I feel another wave of sadness crash over me as Finneas wraps his arms around me. I wrap my arms around him and sob into the crook of his neck.

"I miss her," I say in a cracked voice.

"I know, Billie. We can't bring her back though. You'll just need to accept it. I'm sorry."

"I can't! I loved her!"

Finneas looks down into my eyes. "I know you did. I turned out to love her, too."

"But you whipped her!"

"I know. But I loved her. I only did it because I cared about her and wanted her to be perfect for you. I did it because I knew you loved her."

I sniff. "Really, Finn?"

He nods. "Yes. I love you, Billie."

I pull away from him quickly. "You can't take away Aubrey like that!" I yell at him. "I only love Aubrey!"

"I meant, like, as your brother! What did you think I mean?" He pauses and then chuckles. "Ohhh! Billie, that's just . . . okay then!"

"It's not funny!" I say, crossing my arms.

"It's hilarious!"

I look outside at the old blood patch where Aubrey stood to kill herself. I feel myself tearing up.

"Well. I'm going to go take a shower," Finneas says. "Be safe."

"Yeah," I mutter. "Sure I will. I'll be fine."

He goes upstairs and into the bathroom. The second he closes the door, I run down to his room and pick the safe under his bed. He thinks he's kept it private from me, but I've known about it for ages. I open the door and grab his gun, making sure it's loaded fully. Then I step outside and stand on the patch of blood, putting it up to my head.

I put my finger on the trigger . . . 

and hear the bang . . .

and feel the pain . . .

as the world around me fades away . . . .

THE END

I hope you guys enjoyed my first story! It was a literal roller coaster to write. I'm shocked that people actually like my work. I thought it was garbage that no one would want to read. Apparently, I was wrong. You guys are reading it! And I want to thank a list of people below.

@billieons: Thank you for being sweet and supportive!

@zara_kuku: Thank you for probably being one of the nicest users ever to me!

@av0k0d0: Thank you for making me laugh with your Billie Eilish smut book!

Thank you to all of my followers for supporting me!

And thank you for reading this story! 

I love you all so much!

Stay safe!