Fifteen

As I was walking down to the hallways the next morning I saw a huge crowd of students surrounded by a big poster hanging on the wall. 

''No more classes for the rest of the school year. 

See Mcgonagall if you have any further questions.'' 

''What?'' I said to myself. 

''Hey Athena!'' Pansy came running to me. ''Did you see the great news'' she said as she was pointing to the poster.

''Yeah, but it doesn't make any sense.''

''Yes it does, it has to do with Voldermort obviously. I hear he's planning to take over the Wizarding World. Everyone's talking about it.''

But how? I though to myself. There has to be a double agent or mole in order to have leaked the information, but at the same time it was quite obvious that these were Voldermort's plans.

''Hey we're supposed to hang out today remember?'' 

''Oh yeah sure Pansy where do you wanna go?'' 

''Astronomy Tower?'' my mind went immediately to Hermione. 

''Hey do you know when the owls are supposed to come today?''. I asked Pansy.

''I think about noon again, you know the usual, but we've got plenty of time to hang out. Come on let's go.'' she grabbed ahold of my hand and we started making our way. 

*

*

*

''You know, Voldermort taking over the Wizarding world wouldn't be half bad''. 

''Oh god Pansy what are you talking about?''. 

''Sorry, forgot you're not Draco or Blais-..'' but when she mentioned Blaise's name, her voice cracked. 

''Yeah okay, but what's gonna happen? It's all gonna go downhill if he takes over I just know it. We can't let it happen.. not like YOU care, but other people do.'' 

''Athena...''.

''What?'' she started crying. 

''I broke up with Blaise''

''Why?'' 

''It's a long story.. well not really, I think I like someone else.''

''Who? Draco?''.

''No... you''. It went silent between us. We couldn't even make eye contact with each other. ''And I HATE how you're with Granger, but I saw how happy she made you so I just.. I don't know''. 

''Pansy..''

''I already know you don't like me back.. I just wanted you to know, in case anything bad happens in the next couple of days.'' 

''Hey.'' I held her hand because I felt like it was the least I could do. ''Nothing bad is gonna happen okay? Let's go get something to eat'' and we walked back inside the building.

*

*

*

Pansy and I were laughing at the Slytherin table in the Grand Hall when the owls came in. The owl dropped a letter almost dropping it in my food. 

''Who's it from?'' Pansy asked trying to look.

''Oh nobody..'' I got up standing in front of the table.

''Dear Athena, 

Meet me at the Forbidden Forest again at 1pm. I can't wait to see your pretty face again :)

Yours, 

Hermione''. 

I blushed immediately after I finished reading it. ''Hey I got to go, but it was nice hanging out with you today Pansy'' she look disappointed as if she was wanting to hang out longer. 

''Okay'' she said softly ''stay safe''. I made my way up to the teacher's table because Mcgonagall was sitting there. 

''Hey Professor..'' 

''Come with me Athena to the hallway'', Pansy was staring at us wondering what we were up to.

''I'm going to see-''

''Ms. Granger I suppose? Let me help you''. I smiled really big. As we were making our way down to the gates there were dementors guarding , which I was surprised to see. It was almost like she knew about the battle coming up. 

''Come back in an hour Athena okay? I'm timing you''. 

''Thank you so much'' and I ran off to the forest. The same birds that were chirping the last time reappeared. 

''Athena?''. It was Hermione standing behind me. We ran to each other and gave a kiss to one another.

''How did you manage to sneak out again?''. 

''Mcgonagall, surprisingly. I think she really likes me now.'' Hermione laughed.

''Well that's good to hear. Any news?''. I explained to her everything Voldermort had told us. To having Harry come see him in the forest to telling her that the battle was tomorrow. I didn't care if I was putting my life on the line, it was all worth it''.

''I have no words.. so it's all happening? This is all real?'' Hermione said worryingly. 

''I guess so.. but no matter what happens I just wanna remind you that I love you will all my heart''. 

''I love you more Athena with my whole body and soul'' she leaned in and kissed my forehead. ''I hate to cut this short, but I have to tell the others at the Burrow''. 

''No I completely understand go.'' 

''Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow even if it's not under the best circumstances, goodbye my love'' and we kissed each other goodbye. 

*

*

*

The whole night I couldn't go to sleep. It was around 2am. Would everyone finally know which side I'm on? Would they ever look at me the same? Will they know that it wasn't my choice? I closed my eyes for a split second and I woke up to a dark blue sky. It was officially the morning of May 2, 1998.