Seven

As we kept slow dancing, the night got darker. 

♫Mr. Loverman- by Ricky Montgomery

''Oh I love this so-'', but before Hermione could finish her sentence, Mcgonagall came running through the door. 

''Everyone please go to your dorm rooms right now! No excuses! Deatheaters have broken into Hogwarts''. Everyone started looking around at one another then started running to their dorms.

''Here Athena take this, I don't have time to explain it's Liquid Luck''

''But Hermione what are you-?'' and she started running in the opposite direction. I started running after her, but the crowd kept pushing me around and she was nowhere to be seen. I started running to the girls bathroom, until a hand quickly grabbed the back of my arm.

''Where do you think you're going Athena? I said go to your dorms!''. It was Mcgonagall. 

''Yeah but-''

''There should be no explanation.. here I'll escort you''. And Mcgonagall escorted me all the way outside the Slytherin house. 

''Now go wait inside your dorm!''. The door shut. I tried opening it up again, but it seemed as if Mcgonagall used a spell to lock us inside our houses. I ran upstairs to the dorm. Once I got there I looked outside and saw the Death Eaters Mark up in the sky. 

''Worried about your little girlfriend Athena?''. I turned around and it was Pansy. ''Not so great of a night for you huh? Well, besides the kiss, I actually thought that was rather cute but-''

''Oh just shut up Pansy! Do you ever have anything else better to do than know what I'm doing?''

''No.. not really, but besides the point. What are you most afraid of? Not having the power to protect your girlfriend?''

''Well wouldn't you? What if Blaise was out there? What would you do then huh?

Pansy stayed quiet. 

''Exactly''

''Well if it makes you feel any better, even though I'm not such a big fan of your girlfriend... I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to. But for now, we just wait to see what happens''. 

''Thanks Pansy'', as I gave her a small smile.

*

*

*

*

I didn't get any sleep that night because I kept trying to see if our dorm room was unlocked. It was around 8am when I finally tried to open it again and it was finally unlocked. I quickly ran down the stairs and I accidentally bumped into Mcgonagall. 

''I am so sorry, but do you know where He-''.

But before I finished my sentence Mcgonagall replied, ''She's at the Hospital Wing''.

''Thank you so much!'' I ran down the halls with my mind racing with different thoughts. ''Is Hermione hurt? What was she up to? And why did she leave me ? That's when I finally reached the Hospital Wing, but Hermione was sitting in a chair. 

''Hermione!'' I yelled. 

She turned around and had the biggest smile on her face as she ran to me. 

''Athena! I'm so sorry I left you on such a short notice and left you confused.. We swore to Dumbledore we wouldn't tell anyone else''. 

''Don't say his name Hermione'' Harry had told her. 

''Why? Is there something wrong?''. 

Hermione looked at me with a scared look, ''He umm.. died yesterday Athena''.

''What? How?!'' Harry got up to his feet. 

''It was Snape! I saw him do it right in front of my eyes''. 

''Harry I'm so sorry'', but he got up and left the Hospital Wing. ''Is everyone else okay though?''

Hermione replied, ''Yes, but Ron's older brother Bill got scratched by Greyback, and Neville got a few cuts, but they were both released earlier this morning.''

''That's terrible... here it's the Liquid Luck.. I didn't use it''. 

''Why not?'' She grabbed it back out of my hand.

''Because Mcgonagall locked us in our dorms and I was too busy worrying about you!''.

''Listen Athena.. I know you want to protect me, but I wanna do the same for you. You're probably the only thing in my life that's going for me right now, and I would do anything for it to not go bad''. 

''I get it, thank you.'' There was some silence. ''Are we having a funeral for Dumbledore?''.

''Yes tomorrow, it'll also be our last day here as well. Since, Mcgonagall is closing down the school''. 

''So what you're saying is, it'll be our last day we have together?''. 

''For now..''

''And you're still not returning next year?''

''No, I'm sorry''. The silence fell again. 

''Listen.. I admire your courage and bravery Mione. So damn much. It sometimes can be a little too much''. We both laughed at the same time.

''Athena, I promise to be safe, and once we destroy all the horocruxes I'll come back to you.'' She gave me a kiss on the cheek. ''But for now I have to go and start packing.. I'll see you tomorrow at the funeral''. She turned around and left. 

I can't even wrap it around my head that tomorrow is Hermione's last day.