Fourteen

I woke up the next morning and realized something. It was the day of the Death Eater meeting. I had no information to give to Voldermort and I expected a consequence would come out of it. My mind was racing while on my way to Charms class.

Class after class after class I was still focused on the meeting. I now realized why Draco acted so strange during 6th year. It's all you could ever think about. On the bright side, after the meeting I could finally write a letter to Hermione again and ask if we could meet up.

"Staring off into space now are we?" It was Draco. He had sat next to me in our last class which was Transfiguration with Mcgonagall.

"I'm just thinking.."

"Let me guess.. about the meeting?"

"Yep. It's not like anyone is going to have information about Harry anyways.."

"My father heard that he's back in London." My heart dropped. "Perhaps Weasley and Granger are with them, don't you think? I mean, they never leave each other's side."

"No, I doubt they're back.. anyways the lessons about to start so just be quiet." My eyes went immediately into the Transfiguration book hoping Draco would drop the conversation, which to my surprise he did.

*

*

*

After school I headed straight to the common room to finish my homework since the meeting would be in a couple hours. Draco on the other hand, doesn't bother to do his studies because he feels like it's "unimportant".

"Wow how much homework have you finished so far?" Pansy said as she entered the common room.

"A lot, I've been trying to finish my homework for the week, I've just been really busy" I responded

"Ahh I see, wanna hang later tonight?"

"Oh, I can't. I'm sorry, I have uh detention again, you know to finish my homework" I said as I showed her my books.

"Oh well maybe tomorrow?"

"Yeah sounds good. I have to go though I was supposed to go to detention with Draco." I picked up my stuff to drop it off in the girls dorm and went straight to boys dorm. I knocked on the door and a familiar voice responded.

"You can come in" I opened up the door and it was Blaise to my surprise.

"Oh sorry, do you know where Draco is?"

"He left just a minute ago. He said he needed to take a walk".

"Okay thank you! " and I headed off to the hallways. While on my way I noticed a girl with long blonde hair.

"Luna? " I called out loud.

"Athena! Hi how are you?"

"I'm really well, but how are you? How have you been? Why have I not seen you lately?"

"Oh .. um personal business. Something really bad happened, but it's alright". She said with a smile.

"Oh okay, but I'm here if you ever need anything okay?"

"Thank you, you're too kind" she said as she put her hand on my shoulder. She looked up to me and told me," I'm sorry about Hermione leaving, I know how much she meant to you." There was some silence.

"Thanks Luna, you were the very first person that wanted us together, so it means a lot coming from you''. 

''Of course, I got to go though Neville made me pudding'' she gave me a hug and skipped away. 

I walked around the corner and saw Draco sitting by the window. 

''Took you long enough'' he said as he looked up at me. 

''I'm sorry I was busy''. 

''Whatever, let's get to Hogsmeade''. 

On our trip to Hogsmeade it was completely pitch dark outside. The only thing that was giving us light was the lights outside each store. 

''Here, you know the drill'' Draco put out his arm for me to grab. Boom. The familiar rush hit me again, and there we were at the Malfoy's. I got up immediately and saw the candlelit table that was ahead of us that was occupied with someone at every seat, except two chairs that were for us. 

''You two finally decided to show'' Voldermort said sarcastically. The whole table giggled except for Narcissa and Lucius. We sat down at our assigned seats anxious to hear what would be said at this meeting. 

''Now, as I was saying before you two arrived. We will ask Potter to meet us in the forest. Is that clear?'' everyone nodded. ''The forest is where I plan to get rid of him forever''. Bellatrix cheered very loudly while everyone was mumbling to each other. 

''I plan for all this to occur May 2, everyone will have to fall under my power once Potter is dead''. 

I thought to myself how this was only in a couple days. Literally only two days. 

Voldermort continued to speak, ''There will be no ''chosen one'' there will only be one Voldermort, now the meeting is being called off short because I expect you guys to be ready for this battle. You may leave''. Apparition's occurred left and right, then Draco and I disappeared. We arrived back in Hogsmeade. Same old routine, going into the castle, into the common room, but this time I quickly grabbed a piece of parchment and some ink. 

''Dear Hermione, 

Meet me in the Forbidden Forest tomorrow at 8pm, be prepared to hear some bad news. I hope you're doing okay. I love you.

Athena <3 '' 

I would have never expected that the next two days would turn my entire world upside down.