Chapter 5

I ran up to our dormitory, but Percy wasn't there. I fell on to his bed nose first and let out a sight. I hadn't planned to say that at all. I hadn't actually truly known until I had opened my mouth.

I don't know for how long I laid there, in Percy's bed, it didn't feel that long but when the door opened, and I looked up I realised that it had gotten dark outside.

It was Percy coming in. He looked at me and I realised that I was still in his bed, so I got up and moved to my own, without looking at him. I could feel that there was something he wished to say, so I myself stayed quiet.
He opened his mouth several times before speaking. I just sat at my bed, trying not to look at him but failing hard at it.
At last he said: "You could have told me first." It wasn't a question, but I answered it anyway:
"I only just realised then." I tried to look up at him, but his eyes were fixed on something else.
He shrugged, "Will you now be dragging in guys all the time?" I couldn't really make out if he was joking. "No one who isn't already here" I mumble. He quickly looked at me "What!?" I realised what I had just said and shook my head intensely. "No, I
just said no. As in no I won't." I started panicking but Percy just shrugged again and walked over to his own bed, "Well I'm happy for you." I thanked him, with a tiny voice.

After that night it has been better between us, more as normal. But I can't shake the feeling of Percy taking a distance to me, whenever I ask what is going on, he just shakes his head, so all the curls dangle, and says that "nothing is wrong, everything is fine."
But I don't believe him.