Chapter 2 - Life Of The Party

Sabrina

"Hold on, you actually think Scott is a werewolf? As in my scrawny twin brother Scott? Scott who can barely unscrew the cap on the pickles' jar, that Scott?"

Lexie sighed and nodded, this wasn't like her, she never believed in mythical creatures or supernatural beings, she believed in science and math. "I did say it sounded ridiculous,"

"Where is this coming from? Just because his senses are slightly heightened? That means nothing, it could be anything, he was alone in the woods in the middle of the night, he probably just contracted some gross disease like...smallpox," I suggested as Lexie looked at me like I was stupid.

"Smallpox was eradicated in the 1970s,"

"Whatever, I'm just saying he probably just got ill and rather than it taking a negative effect on his body it, it's more positive," I turned to Lexie in search of the answers, "that can happen right?"

"It's all psychological." I hunched over in a huff and stared at my brother as he went running, he somersaulted over the two defenders and took a shot. Everyone on the bleachers started cheering but I looked over at Lexie in surprise, she nodded and I immediately understood what she was talking about. There was no way ever that Scott, normal Scott, could've made a shot like that.

***

Standing in the doorway of Scott's room, which was just slightly opposite my bedroom, I watched my mom lean against the wall by his bathroom, when he came out, with just a towel on, he practically screamed. "Mom!" she smiled as she realised she scared the life out of him, I watched this hilarious exchange and stared at my brother weirdly. Lexie called me half an hour ago rambling on about how Stiles broke the news to Scott about him being a werewolf and he didn't take it well, he was close to attacking Stiles, which honestly wouldn't of been a bad thing but hey.

"Is this a party or a date?" my mom asked Scott her eyes narrowed as he answered with slight caution, talking to mom about his love life was definitely an uneasy topic.

"Maybe both." my mom turned to me and I scoffed lightly whilst entering the room and lounging on his bed.

"It's a party, but he wants it to be a date," I cleared up as mom nodded, understanding Scott's intentions.

"Shut up!"

"And her name is?" mom asked,

"Allison."

"Allison. She's not made up is she?" My mom turned to me as I stopped myself from laughing, one thing for sure is that I didn't wanna anger Scott anymore.

"No, she's not."

"Nice." mom placed the keys into Scott's hand as he sighed in relief and clutched them tightly. 

"Thank you."

"We don't need to have a talk, do we?" she narrowed her eyes at him and he looked outraged,

"Mom, I'm not having the safe sex talk with you." her eyes widened in surprise as he said this, he definitely misunderstood.

"And that's my cue to leave," I announced, getting up quickly and scuttling out of the room, listening to them bicker at each other. I giggled to myself when I heard my mom clearing things up saying that she was talking about keeping the tank full. Scott had always been awkward and weird and pretty dumb, it's no surprise that he took what my mom said in a different context. I waited in my room until I listened to my mom leave, and then I snuck back into his room and slammed the door shut behind me. "Look, listen to me Scott. You cannot go out tonight, okay?"