~Chapter 2~

Chapter 2

Later, Barb finally made it to her home, where she immediately saw her father.

"Barb!" her father, King Trash, exclaimed as he embraced her in a tight hug.

Barb laughed, "I'm okay Dad!", she said as she pushed her dad away.

"I'm sorry I just was so worried about you.", he said. "You really shouldn't run off like that!"

"I know Dad, but I have something more important to talk about," she said, trying to tell her dad about Poppy.

"Okay, my little rock star," King Thrash started. "What did you want to talk abou-"

"Hey King Thrash. Did you find Barb yet?", said a rock troll named Riff, Barb's best friend.

Then he saw Barb, and gave her a big hug. "Barb!" he said.

Barb laughed again. "Riff, I'm fine!", she shrugged.

"I have something to tell you guys!" said Barb, this time looking more serious.

"What is it, Barb?" Riff questioned his friend.

"Well," she started, "Last night, I saw a troll."

"Oh is it the troll that found you in the woods?" asked King Thrash. "Who was it? They will be given a reward immediately."

But Barb quickly cut him off. "No, Dad. Nobody found me. I heard your call on your guitar and came as soon as I could, but back to the subject."

"This troll didn't look like we do guys. She had dark pink hair and a lighter pink skin tone. She also wore a blue dress and a leaf crown on her head. She said her name was "Queen Poppy" or whatever."

King Thrash and Riff gasped.

"What?" Barb asked. "Do you know her?"

"Barb I have something to tell you," he started. "There are other types of trolls who are devoted to different music genres. Rock, Funk, Classical, Techno, Country and Pop. It sounds like you saw a pop troll.

Then Barb gasped and had a surprised look on her face. "And Riff, you knew about this!", she asked her friend, disappointed that he didn't tell her.

"Well yeah," Riff started. "But I mean, you always are running off when you are not supposed to. I could only imagine what you would if you found out there are other trolls out there."

Barb rolled her eyes. "Dad who exactly was this troll?"

"Let me show you," he replied.

King Thrash led Barb and Riff to the Royal History room, which was basically a library full of all the stories of all the Royals there have ever been in Troll history. He went to the most recent book made and flipped to the page about Queen Poppy.

"That's her!" Barb said, looking at the book. "That's the troll I saw!"

King Thrash laughed, then read some of the story;

"One kind, but noble Queen in troll history is Queen Poppy. She finally made her mark when she intentionally went to Bergen Town to save her friends from the evil Bergen chef or a.k.a., Chef. She was not only able to prove that she is just more than just a queen, but she was able to save her friends and befriend the Bergens by teaching them what happiness truly is."

Barb began to read the story herself. Astonished that a troll that looked so innocent could be so, well - heroic.

"Woah!" she uttered. "Radd."

She laughed, "I didn't know that a Queen like her could have guts like that."

"That is really amazing!" Riff agreed.

King Thrash started, "Well this is actually how she became Queen at the age of only 21 years old."

"Maybe I should try to find her later tonight to talk to her again!" Barb said, running towards the door.

"Wait Barb!" King Thrash said. "Does she know that you are Queen of the Rock Trolls yet?" he asked

Barb quickly stopped in her tracks. "Well, I was going to tell her Dad, but right when I was about to you called me."

"And thank Trolly for it!" King Thrash said.

Barb gave him a look. "What do you mean, Dad?"

King Thrash sighed, "I don't think it is a good idea for her to know that you are Queen yet."

"Well, why not?"

Riff said, "Well Barb, you don't really know this troll, and I mean, isn't it a little mysterious that she just showed up one night, and that all of your life you just happened to not see her before.

"So?" Barb said, looking at Riff.

King Thrash sighed again. "Look, Barb, you can tell her tonight, but you have to be careful, and don't trust her," he said, stretching his arms out, wanting Barb to give him a hug.

~Swoosh to King Peppy having the same conversation with Poppy and her friends~

"Look, Poppy you can talk to her tonight, but don't trust her!", King Peppy said stretching his arms out as well.

"Okay Dad.", Barb and Poppy said, as they both gave their dads a hug.

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! My other books, including my Shadamy story will be updated soon, so expect an update by the end of this week! See you later! ♥️

Word Count: 859