Chapter Fourteen

Flying back was giving me a strange kind of anxiety. My eyes darted back to my watch every five seconds. I knew Singapore was on a different time zone, so if I made it back in less than six hours I would be fine. I checked my watch once more; we had been flying for about thirteen hours. If we were on time, I would be fine. Breathe, I had to keep mentally reminding myself. Just breathe.

All this stress for one night with Liam? I couldn't understand why I had went. Did I miss him? No. Did I want him back? Definitely not. He wasn't my type. He was all caught up in fame and money. That was his first priority most of the time and that wasn't what I wanted. 

"Are you sure there is nothing I can get you to drink?" Liam's personal flight attendant came around and asked again. This had to be the fifth or sixth time she had offered.

I tried my best to stay sweet, "My answer isn't going to change the sixth time around you ask me this. No thank you." 

"Are you sure? You just look so pale." 

I rolled my eyes, "Please. That's just because I haven't gone in for my weekly airbrush tan yet. I'm not hungry." 

She backed away slowly, "If you say so." 

I nodded and lowered my head. Since when did people become so judgemental? If I was pale it wasn't any of her business. 

I  brought my eyes to the window of the plane, staring out in to the vast ocean waters. It was nothing but blue skies and pretty blue reflecting water. For a moment, I wondered what it would be like to jump out. I shook away the crazy thought as fastly as I thought of it. 

Interupting my thoughts, I began to feel a buzz registering from my coat pocket. I looked around to see if any of the crew were watching before I took my phone out and placed it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked quietly in to the reciever. 

"Lily, where are you?" I heard Wes in my reciever. I missed his voice. 

"Strange. I'm getting some major deja-vu. Didn't we just recently have this conversation but in reverse?" 

"The difference is that I wasn't actually missing, and I was certainly not on the cover of a major magazine."

"You don't read magazines. How would you even know?" 

"The headliner caught my eye at the market. Alabama model for Vogue has gone strangely missing! That isn't exactly an article you pass up." 

"I'm a headliner now? My fame is growing by the second!" 

I could hear him groan in an annoyed fashion threw the phone, "Where are you, Lily?" 

"Where do you think I am?" I hissed back, not even knowing why. Why was I always so defensive around him? 

"Well I would have thought you would have been at this fashion show thing." 

"Well that's where I am," I lied, again not even knowing why. 

"Apparently not," he accused back.

"How would you know?" 

"Would a magazine lie?" 

"You obviously know nothing about magazines." 

He hesitated, "Well maybe you should call someone...You're mom is extremely worried about you. I can't imagine how the people you work with must feel." 

I was at that point annoyed with him, "Wes, the only reason the show managers and models would be worried about me is because I might jeapordize the fashion show. But you know what? I'm sure they could find a model as quick as they found me. So I doubt they would even notice I was gone."