Chapter 1: The First Encounter

An 18 year old girl named Ariana Hanasaki was walking to school with her two younger twin brothers, Ryan and Robin. “We’re both staying after school for band practice, so you can go ahead without us.” Robin said. “Ok. Thanks for telling me.” Ariana said. “We’ll see you later, big sis.” Ryan said. “Ok, see you at dinner time.” Ariana said. They went their separate ways.

        In class, Ariana met up with her best friend since kindergarden, Mei Nanami. “Good morning, Mei.” Ariana said. “Good morning, Ariana. How are you?” Mei asked. “I’m good. I’m still in the process of writing my story.” Ariana said. “That’s good! I can't to read it!” Mei said excitedly. “I’m glad you remembered! When I’m completely finished with it, you’ll be the first person to read it.” Ariana said. “Thank you so much! Also… Did you hear already?” Mei asked. “Hear about what?” Ariana asked. “About the new transferred student. He’s really handsome.” Mei said. “Is he in our class?” Ariana asked. “Yes.” Mei answered. Ariana looked around the room with her eyes. “Then where is this good looking new guy?” Ariana asked. “I think he needed to go somewhere, but he’ll be back soon.” Mei said. There was the sound of squealing girls. “And I think that’s him coming right now.” Mei said watching the door.

        Ariana turned towards the door, and saw a crowd of girls, and inside that crowd was a guy with white hair and ear piercings with a kind smile. “You’re not wrong.” Ariana said. “I told you!” Mei said. The guy caught Ariana and Mei looking at him, and made his over to them. “He’s coming this way!” Mei said pulling on Ariana’s sleeve. “Hello there, I just transferred here today. My name is Meguru.” Meguru said. “It’s strange that a random cute guy decided to talk to me…” Ariana thought. “My name is Ariana.” Ariana said. “And my name is Mei, her best friend.” Mei said. “Nice to meet you two.” Meguru said. “Yeah… Likewise.” Ariana said. “It’s really nice of you to introduce yourself to us.” Mei said. “No problem. Which desk is available to sit in?” Meguru asked. “The one in front of Ariana which is right here is empty, so you can take it.” Mei said. “Thank you very much, Mei, and Ariana… I promise I won’t bother you too much.” Meguru said. “Oh no, if you’re confused about something, feel free to ask me.” Ariana said. “Thank you, you’re very kind.” Meguru said. Mei leaned in to Ariana. “I’m rooting for you.” Mei whispered. Ariana sighed, rolling her eyes.

           Class had begun, and instead of the regular teacher, it was a substitute. Girls were fangirling over the substitute teacher. Mei passed a note to Ariana. She opened the note and it read, “Today is just filled with total hotties! My heart can’t take it!” Ariana looked at Mei with an unamused face, and in Mei’s response, smiling innocently. “My name is Mr. Kamui, and I’ll be your teacher for today.” Mr. Kamui said. Girls were raising their hands and asked if he was single and that he’s really attractive. “Oh my god…” Ariana said quietly and slumping down on her desk. “I agree with you, Ariana.” Meguru said. “Tell me about it. This class hasn’t been lively like this ever since the beginning of the year.” Ariana said. He slightly laughed.

        The bell rang for lunch. “Come on, Ariana! Let’s eat outside today!” Mei said. “Is it alright if I join you two?” Meguru said. “Of course you can! Right, Ariana?” Mei asked. “Yeah, I don’t see why not.” Ariana said. The three of them went outside, and sat on a bench. “I made myself a bento box, what about you Ariana?” Mei asked. “I just made myself a sub sandwich. What about you Megu- Whoa…” Ariana said. Meguru was eating a whole Japanese dish. “Whoa is right! That’s the biggest and delicious looking lunch I’ve ever seen!” Mei said. “I made it myself. Would any of you like to have some?” Meguru asked. “I do!” Mei said. “Here you are.” Meguru said. “Thank you very much!” Mei said. “Would you like some, Ariana?” Meguru asked. “Sure.” Ariana answered. “Here you are.” Meguru said again. “Thank you.” Ariana said and took a bite. Her eyes widen, and she looked at the food. “This is… The most delicious thing ever!” Ariana said. “And you said you made this yourself?” Mei asked. “I did.” Meguru said. “Wow! You should become a chef when you grow up!” Mei said. “Glad you enjoy my cooking. What do you two do for a hobby?” Meguru asked. “I enjoy baking and sewing.” Mei said. “I like to write fictional stories and play video games.” Ariana said. “Those sound like fun. I enjoy cooking and I’m fascinated by the Japanese culture.” Meguru said. “No wonder you have a Japanese lunch! Now it makes sense!” Mei said.