The Last Day of School

*When I Woke Up*

I fluttered my eyelids. Mason was standing over me looking very sharp in a suit and tie. "Mason what are you doing?"

"Babe, we've got the last day of school today."

"Can't it be Senior Ditch Day? I just want to spend the rest of the day in your arms."

"As good as that sounds we can't, remember, you have to say goodbye to everyone."

"Fine, go get me a dress, you pick one." Probably a bad idea, but I was just getting over my sleepiness and was fine wearing anything.

"This'll be fun."

He came out with an almost-floor-length red evening gown that was strapless, had some embroidery around the neckline, and a sweetheart neckline.

"Mason that's gorgeous!"

"I thought you'd like it." He beamed, "Be ready in 30 minutes. Please don't wear makeup." I looked at his broad shoulders, he was tense, and you could see it just looking at him.

"Come here, Mason." He sat at the side of the bed and put his face in his hands, something was obviously wrong. I rubbed his back and waited for an answer to my unspoken question.

"Kalli..."

"Shhh, it's ok."

"No, it's not. I love you and want you for the rest of my life but it's hard for me, you're so beautiful, nice, and loveable and what do I have?"

"Everything. Trust me, I have a good choice in men."

"Can you sing for me?" He laid back on the bed so his head was in my lap and his chrystaline green eyes shined up at me.

"Baby I can't sing like you can."

"Yes you can! You're amazing! I've been to your house like 1,000,000 times, I can hear you singing from your room. Uncle Levi and I have had some... errr... talks." He said, blushing.

"You heard that?" It was my turn to blush.

"Yes and you rocked! My favorite would have to You Belong With Me, though its hard to decide between all the Taylor Swift songs, those seem to be your favorite. I actually got to the point where I would only go to your house to sit outside your room and just listen to you singing."

"Fine, I'll sing." I sang Mary's Song, mostly because it applied to us. Mason's dad was my dad's boss, so we grew up together.

"Have I mentioned I love you?" He said when I was done. He put his hands on my knees and lifted himself up to kiss me. It was the best kiss I've ever had, and Mason was upside-down!

"We should get ready for school." I laughed and ran to the bathroom.

Mason knocked on my door and yelled, "The same rules still apply!"

"Ok, no makeup." I yelled back.

After 30 minutes I was ready for school. "Finally." Mason laughed.

"Let's go."

"Baby doll, don't you want breakfast? I don't want you to starve."

I kissed him quickly and said, "Babe, I have breakfast in the car, let's go."

"One second." I started to turn away but Mason grabbed my shoulders, flipped me around, and locked his mouth to mine.

"Now we can go."

"Mason, we just might have to stay here all day watching movies."

"Nope. Come on, we better go before you get your butt beaten by my muscles." He flexed and, yes, his muscles are defined, but I knew he couldn't hurt me, he was too sweet.