Chapter I: The Slumbers' Awaken

It had been a long and uneventful month for the deities who watched over their charge's slumbering forms. Though of the three of them who guarded the other two with great care and vigilance; Death had been the most active among the mortals due to the number of souls that passed each day.

Yet, he never failed to come to check on both of his sleeping charges at least twice a day. He was concerned for them in his way; both of them, though Life and Mother Magic knew that Harry was his priority; seeing as the boy was his direct responsibility.

It was eye-opening for Lady Life to see her brother acting like this. Life's eyes saddened a moment; she knew...internally of course, that the reason she almost never saw her brother was due to his role to the souls of the deceased and seeing to the people who were left behind them in grief. 

She didn't hate or begrudge him for it; as the lost needed guidance to find their form of final rest and peace or to be given the punishments deserved for the lives they had lived. Just as those who were left behind need time to come to terms with the loss if their time had yet to approach. They had to find ways to grieve and find resolve to continue. Yet, for all that they differed and had differing principles that guided them; she still missed being able to occasionally talk more than when the mortal realm had distorted problems.

Some would suspect that she hated her brother; that she abhorred him, and desired nothing to do with him. But, how could there be a balance if she was that way to him and he to her? Sure, they had their disagreements and such; all families and siblings did, but even those had not kept them from trying to do their duties as amicably as possible.

She then eyed Tom Marvolo Riddle; who lied there like one of the dead. She frowned for a moment; remembering all the horrible acts he had done to himself after she had so carefully crafted his powerful magic in his soul; acts that he should have been punished for if not for whom his soul had been woven with. And then she quirked a small grin. He probably wouldn't have appreciated that sentiment much; to be compared to a dead corpse.

Then she noticed the minute movements in his body; she rose a brow. She had expected Harry would waken first, but then knew that this wasn't likely after some thought. Harry had much more mana to regain and left-over spiritual wounds to mend himself from.

She waited as she observed the human man; he had regained his true form in some sense before all this, and Life was...glad for it though not exactly pleased by the manner that her brother had used to allow it. She sighed though; she knew there had been few options to them for this, and her mother had done what she could without physically interfering or sending her brother for her in her stead...which was for the best. She waited and watched with contentment as red irises blearily opened to a white room that was bathed in healing magic.

She stood from her place and gently walked to the beside of the altar he lied now upon; the man narrowing his eyes at her for a moment, and then widening as he recalled what had happened before.

"Be calm, Lord of the Serpents." She spoke gently, "You are just now waking from the month-long slumber we placed you in to allow you to recuperate your magic."

Tom grimaced as he slowly sat himself upright before he rubbed at his face and then eyed her, "I assume that you are either Lady Life or Mother Magic; one of the two who was supposed to watch over me during this time?"

She grinned now, "Indeed. I am the one known as Life; I am the sister and fraternal twin to Death. The other half to your mate's patron and guide. I act as a mentor, sister, mother and friend."

Tom nodded as he eyed the floor a moment before looking at her, "And... Harry? Is he alright?"

Life seemed to understand his questions and gently sat down beside of him with gentleness. She looked no older than eighteen; though Tom knew not to trust that age and appearance, and she relaxed her stance as she eyed the sun and allowed the warmth to ghost over her while the breeze caressed her tanned and sun-kissed skin.