Chapter Twenty-Five

When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action.
When you desire the consequence you had damned well.
Better take the action that would create it.

.
.

Basheer's car was parked in the compound of Alhaji's house with ruquayya sitting beside him.

He has been consoling her ever since they start driving to the house because she's been sulking through out today as he's travelling.

He brought her to her house because in his words he can't let her stay alone in that mansion.

He went in and greet alhaji and haj hajara and said his goodbye to them.

(Basheer is traveling out of the country for something regarding the business they recently started with haj hajara and ruquayya as his partners. He'll be back in two weeks).

They came out with her following right behind him.

He drove his car out of the house after some minutes and started his journey.

***********

"Wayyo Allah na thank you dan gaye. I really appreciate it" khair said happily.

"Glad that you liked it dimples...."

"Piiipiii" came the sound of a car's horn behind the gate.

"As I was saying. I had a hard time choosing this bracelet because as you know I'm not good at choosing gifts for someone" he added.

The gate was opened and imran's car drove into the compound with khair and her cousin dan gaye as she calls him standing close to the gate.

The moment imran sighted khair standing with a guy his heart beat very loud inside his chest and as if seeing her with another guy wasn't enough she had to laugh out loud at what he said which infuriated imran.

"Umma..! Umma..!" He called entering into her parlor.

She wasn't there so he had to check her room and there he found her.

"Umma yanzu kin san wannan yarinyar tana waje a tsaye da namiji?" He asked.

"Wacce kuma?" She asked too clueless.

"Khair mana. Tana tsaye a waje da NAMIJI a waje" he replied emphasizing the namiji.

"Ooo. Meye na tada hankalin ka he is her brother ba wani ba."

"Brother as in blood brother or ......" He asked leaving the sentence incomplete.

"He's her cousin. He came here (kano) for some work so he decided to stop by and greet her because the last time they met was after her mother hamida's death" umma explained.

"But still umma. He isn't her Muharram fa."

"I know but he is her relative after all so how can I stop her from seeing him. Just let it be" she said dismissing the matter.

"Ya wurin firdausi kuwa?" She asked.

"Lafiya kalau." He shortly replied.

"Toh masha Allah." She said focusing back on the islamic book she was reading before he came in.

He left the room still not convinced because he feels that there is a possibility that there is love between them.

Out of nowhere he saw khair in front of him staring at him with her big brown eyes.

"Daga ina kike?" He asked his voice full of authority.

"Um... Um... I... Dan gaye... I mean yusuf came so I went to escort him" she answered terrified.