Chapter Twenty-Two

You'll witness better days.
Miracles are on the way.
Trust his perfect timing.

~ Learning Muslimahh.

.
.

As promised imran helped mukthar in meeting khair but she almost caught him.

She called to confirm whether it was him but he didn't answer.

She shrugged the thought off and continue what she was doing.

(Mukthar messaged khair after he left imran's office the other day informing her that he traveled to Gusau as it's urgent and if she should incase calls him and couldn't get through or he didn't pick she shouldn't worry so that's why she didn't over think it).

On mukthar's side immediately he saw her he left straight to Gusau without going back home because he has already bid his family farewell.

The day before mukthar left his father sent his two brothers (mukthar's uncles) to Alhaji Mahmoud to talk to him regarding the matter because Alhaji was waiting for their response.

They told him all that occured between mukthar and his father and also state their reason.

Alhaji agreed with them but deep down inside he wasn't delighted at all so is umma.

She felt sad when Alhaji told her and she still hasn't muster the courage to tell khair because she's scared of her reaction.

She pitied khair because this girl has no one else in her life apart from him which gave her hope but now he also won't be here to support her.

So this made umma think twice before telling khair and she concluded she won't tell her all that occured.

***********

It's been a month now after ruquayya's wedding and there is no traces of her kayan lefe what so ever.

She asked basheer about it and he told her to be patient that it will be bought in the next two weeks as one of his aunts is in dubai to buy all the items needed.

She some how wasn't convinced about what he said but she kept quiet.

(The following day ruquayya was conveyed to her house the food stuffs that the bride's family gives to their daughter which is called 'gara' was taken. Every single item there was 12 in number which includes rice, groundnut oil, spaghetti and many more).

And on khair's side she only found out what happened and why mukthar left all of a sudden just two weeks back.

Khair surprised everyone with how she delt with the matter maturely.

She neither cry nor grief what happened, she just casually brushed the matter to the back of her mind and continue her activities.

That's what she shows to them but deep down she's hurting, she's shattered beyond amendment, in short she's stranded her old wounds became fresh and unheal but she's strong enough to not let it show.

When umma told her she was astonished. The only words she kept chanting were "innalillahi wainna ilaihir raji'un" repeatedly.

She later muster the courage to ask  "Umma does this mean mukthar will no longer be my fiance?" after the silence that took over the room.

"Yes" umma answered.

"Allahumma ajirni fi musibatin wa akhlifni khairan minha. Ya Allah I know this is a test from you and I'll try my best to see that I pass this test with flying colors. I promise I won't cry and I won't complain I'll just simply embrace my destiny and move on because I know it's predestined so who am I to question your decision" she said all that with her two hands joined as a sign that she's praying and her head raised up looking at the room's P.O.P.