Chapter 9

"I think it went well," Draco said.

"Do you?" Harry said flatly. His arse had gone numb sitting on the metal chair in the small security office.

"We obscured what really happened with a rather stupendous lie. That's our job, and we did it spectacularly."

"Then got dragged into a security office because you wouldn't let me hit the bloke with a confundus and get out of here," Harry said irritably.

"I've never been arrested before," Draco said.

Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Muggle arrested," Draco said and crossed his arms over his chest, "You're not meant to mention the other."

"I didn't," Harry said.

Draco slunk down in the chair, "You insinuated."

"Yeah, well, it happened. Me not bringing it up isn't going to change that," Harry said.

Draco pulled his sunglasses out of his pocket, even though he could probably see next to nothing with them on.

"Draco."

He didn't answer.

"Draco," Harry plucked the sunglasses off his nose.

Draco snatched them back, glaring balefully at him, "Those are not yours."

"Don't hide behind them, then," Harry said.

"I- I wasn't hiding," Draco said. He shoved the glasses back in his pocket and turned away.

Harry sighed.

This was apparently as good as an insult because Draco spun right back around, "I'm not pretending it didn't happen. It was one of the most traumatic moments in my life, amongst a cluster-fuck of them. I don't like being reminded of it." His frown deepened into something almost like his old sneers, and Harry felt himself tense up at the expression, "I suppose you just love being reminded of everything that happened, Goldenboy."

"No," Harry said, firmly, trying to stop this fight before it got started, "No. The war was traumatic as hell. We were fucking kids. I get it."

Draco relaxed a bit, letting his arms unfold, "Well, I wasn't fucking kids. That's disgusting, Auror Potter."

Harry shot him a look, and once he was certain Draco was joking, he gave him a half-hearted shove, "You know what I mean, arsehole."

"Haven't the faintest," Draco said blandly.

The door clicked open, and the security guard came back in, sighing and trying to pull his pants up, only to ruin all his hard work by sitting in the chair on the behind the cheap plywood desk.

"Well, I talk Mr Fresa, and he's decided not to press charges," the security guard said, he gave them a grin what was probably supposed to come off as chummy. "Though if you pull something like this again, you'll be banned from ever coming back on the premise."

Harry nodded, keeping his expression neutral.

Draco leaned forward with a winning smile, "I appreciate it. We're new at this."

The security guard nodded, "Thought as much. You seem alright. Just don't cause trouble in businesses without getting permission first."

Draco nodded solemnly.

"Try a park next time, somewhere public. And you're gonna need release forms to show peoples faces on tv, don't know where you get those though, probably need a solicitor for that sort of thing," the guard said.